Problem with UPS

Jakk

Hey guys, don't mind me, I'm just a little frustrated.

Ok, I am getting really annoyed with the United Parcel Service! I ordered my detector on Saturday, which I understand same day shipping from this place on Saturdays costs more, so I didn't expect it to get out until Monday, June 30th. So, from there, I knew that Friday through Sunday were off limits because of the 4th and then it being a weekend, so using common sense, I figured I'd get the package at the latest on Monday next week. That would be 5 days of shipping and usually they deliver in that amount of time. So, on Tuesday I got an e-mail saying that they shipped it out, they decided to send it out on Monday at 9:16pm. It made it from ALTAMONTE SPRINGS FL to JACKSONVILLE FL in a day. Not to bad for getting from one UPS office to another. So I've been tracking this shipment ever since then and this is the part that irks me.

According to the UPS tracking on their website, the package been en route to the next destination since the 1st. They have taken at least 2 to 3 days to travel from 1 stop to the next and I doubt they would continue driving on the 4th of July, so they obviously have not scanned it as an arrival at a new office. That means that I am giving NO WAY of telling where my package is, I just get to know that it will take an entire 9 days for it to get to me! That means 11 days of waiting without any way of tracking my package while I go through withdrawals without ever having tried it. I know I'll love it and I can't wait for this thing to come! Dang you UPS for not letting me at least track my package!!!

I hate that crap... sometimes those scans will all pop up at once online. I've had stuff being tracked say it was still in transit, just show up at my place... then i check online after I sign for it and all the history shows up with it being delivered etc.... just weird sometimes.

This one is just very frustrating because it's something that I'm having jitters and everything for and I can't even see how close to me it is. It's like I'm addicted to it and it's just being held away from me! :shock:

Hahaha, I hear ya. Back in April before I went to Singapore and Norway... I paid the extra shipping to get three day delivery from UPS on some 1.5" billet steel wheel adapters for my truck... by noon on that day they hadn't arrived... and I had to hop on a plane... they showed up a few hours later. I was soo mad.

The problem with having all these negative thoughts is, that when it finally arrives it will be defective and you'll have to return it!:lol: No...I hope not anyway. It does suck to have to wait for an undetermined amount of time for something you want so bad! I've had the same thing happen. It's still much better than the days when you had to mail in a check, then wait several days for the check to clear; it used to be a standard wait of four to six weeks.

I have an idea of when it will arrive, but all of the flooding in the midwest could make it late. They said it's on schedule for the 9th, but if they don't update it, I'll never know if it's backed up.

I know what you mean. We ordered some solar panels off eBay. They shipped from California the next day via DHL. But when we went online the map said they were shipped from New York, then the line met in the middle between New York and California. It said we would get them in 3 days. NOT!

As soon as they hit Sioux Falls they were unloaded to a private contractor, because we are considered "remote." So even though we saw they were shipped the next day. We didn't get them for 2 weeks. :roll:

Depending on where you bought the detector, was it dropshipped? or maybe they had to order it from the company themselves?

UPS and FedX are generally pretty good around here.

On a lighter side................

I recently ordered a new high end laptop from HP (on 6/4) with a scheduled build date of 6/16. I received a shipment notification on 6/14 - Standard free shipping via Fedex 5-7 day with tracking #. It left China on 6/14 (late night) and was in Ancorage, Alaska within a few hours (early AM 6/15). I was set up with Fedex for e-mail notifications of shipping progress. It cleared customs and was en route later on 6/15. I checked my e-mail very early AM on Friday 6/16, and was informed that it had left the Midwest main terminal around 4 AM. When I logged on to my computer again around 8 AM there was another e-mail that it had arrived in Philadelphia around 6 AM. My mind set was that I would get it on Monday 6/19. I went outside to cut the grass around 9 AM. There was a card on my doorknob that the driver had attempted delivery @ 9:25 AM. It was 9:30 when I saw the card. When I checked my e-mail a few minutes later, the package had been put on the truck for local delivery around 8 AM,and the driver had already attempted delivery. I drove over to the local Fedex terminal around 3 PM to pick up my new toy. I made a comment to the clerk that this rapid transit had blown my mind, and made the comment that with high jet fuel costs do they save anything by tearing the wings off of the airplanes ???? The package had left HP in China less than 36 hours before.

I shop almost exclusively online so I get lots of packages. I've had stuff come from all over. Sometimes it'll come in and sit in the distribution center for 2 days! And I am just 30 minutes at most from the center! But the package did arrive close enough to the estimated delivery date.
Late last year after Christmas, I bought a 10 inch Dobsonian telescope as a Christmas gift to myself. Seemed like it took forever to arrive. Imagine my frustration when it finally came and I discovered they had sent me the wrong telescope! Instead of the 10 inch they sent me the 12 inch! Called the dealer up and they told me I could keep the more expensive telescope at no extra charge or send it back!:shock: I kept it of course- though sometimes I wish I did send it back.

that sucks, I dont care for UPS , my experience has been less than stellar using them, I honestly feel the fastest most reliable way to ship is US post Office Priority mail ......

I've been in your position before... got angry at USPS... ragged on Cliff Claven... Pouted, sulked, and cranked off some USPS workers in the process... Then after 2 weeks, they realized that they never scanned the item at the post office and it didn't get delivered until I made them call the other person's post office...where it was sitting! Then... I got my beautiful DFX and all was forgotten and the love returned to Cliff Claven and all his bretheran! Be patient... it will end in pure joy!

They finally updated it last night, but now thy have about 80 miles to drive and less than 8 hours to do ti since they haven't scanned it for departure and it's due here tomorrow. lol

We recently ordered a detector online for a friend. They shipped it via UPS, and said 6 to 10 days for delivery. Well, those days passed, and my wife jumped online to see it's status. It had been shipped from it's source, and received into the UPS distribution center. Okay.. and it had been sitting there for the better part of a week 'waiting for delivery'.

We waited another week, and still nothing. We ended up getting in contact with the company that we purchased the detector from. They sincerely apologized (even though it wasn't their fault), and shipped us out a new one at no cost. We then received that one in about 4 days.

Strange..

They finally updated it last night, but now thy have about 80 miles to drive and less than 8 hours to do ti since they haven't scanned it for departure and it's due here tomorrow. lol
I stopped believing what I see on their site. Sometimes nothing gets updated and the package shows up at your door. Then you go back to their site to see what it says and every step of the journey is there! Nowadays, I just look up the expected delivery date. I had one MD arrive a day earlier than expected- that was nice.:D

We get MUCH better survice with USPS than UPS or Fedex. I've had tool orders left by the barn (150 ft from the house) that I didn't find until it got rained on for two days, on the far side of the garage (75 feet from the house) and the classic was an Omaha Steak order my sister-in-law sent for Christmas that we didn't find for 6 weeks! Needless to say, we reordered the steaks. Fedex isn't much better. We've had nothing but good from the mail service.

Is it just our UPS drivers or is it like this all over? Seems like they're afraid to make contact with the people recieving their shipments. It used to be that you had to sign for it, but now they leave our packages at our front door in plain sight, even when we're at home. Never knock or ring the door bell. I'm afraid to order anything of value.

I guess it's just the location, because our UPS drivers around here are some of the friendliest folks around, it the Post office that really gives me the headache. They overcharged me 52.00 for a package they was not supposed to charge me anything for and It took weeks for them to finally admit I was right and give me a refund. All it took was a complaint call to the US Postmaster General's office as a finial straw. What made it so frustrating is that I had all the paperwork proving I was right and they would still not believe me. You can rest assured after that call they made it right so fast it would make your head swim and the apologies could not come fast enough.

I think it's the locality

Is it just our UPS drivers or is it like this all over? Seems like they're afraid to make contact with the people recieving their shipments. It used to be that you had to sign for it, but now they leave our packages at our front door in plain sight, even when we're at home. Never knock or ring the door bell. I'm afraid to order anything of value.

I live in the mountains of northern California...not many houses per square mile and private, winding roads/driveways. Our UPS guy (Ken) is awesome!!! He leaves packages under cover and outta site. Everyone loves Ken.

I have never had a problem with UPS or FedEx...... Prompt delivery (sometimes ahead of schedule) and tracking follows exactly as posted. I do not doubt you guys... just saying it may have something to do with locality...or personnel.... RickO

Back
Top Bottom