Boats anyone?

sectshun8

Forum Supporter
Anyone here own a boat, or know much about repair costs?

I have a '96 Bayliner Jazz 16" Jet Boat that I need to get re-fitted with new seats and it needs a little engine work to get running again. Just trying to figure out some cost ideas before I start calling boat shops.

Is is just the cushions that need re-upholstering? If they are plywood backed under the foam, you may be able to DIY with some nice material purchased at a local chandlery, both the new plastic and SS staples for a stapling gun. If you are not up to doing it yourself, you may get it done cheaper at a place that does car re-upholstering rather than a boat place.

What kind of engine work is needed?

I used to have a 23' Bayliner Trophy cuddy cabin with twin 120Hp outboards. Great salmon and rockfish fishing boat, but like all boats, it was a hole in the ocean into which I poured money. :lol: Not the least of which was fueling the 144 gallon tank. :shock:

No, it has some like neoprene foamy type crap as the seats.... nothing nice. And not sure exactly what needs to be done on the engine.. it's a mystery, haha.

I have a 31' SeaRay. It hasn't touched the water this year with a 110 gal tank. Boat stands for Break Out Another Thousand.

Somebody should give you free estimates although you will have to drag it to their shop. good luck!!

Here at work we are often either out in a 23ft FRB (Fast Rescue Boat) just cruisin' around at high speed practicing our Williamson turns, or we have a 20ft Workboat made by Norpower in Kristiansund, Norway that we tool around in when having to do work on equipment in tow behind our ship. I love small boats! But yeah, very expensive. The 23ft FRB goes for about $200,000 USD, haha.

l_b5ea8ec84008c659cfd00dae15aacc5e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom