• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Deeptech vs AKA

5 mile

Forum Supporter
Was looking at Deeptech's Vista Smart Plus, or the Warrior, or possibly an AKA. All seem like very deep units.

Im looking for a deep detector primarily for coins/relics in plowed fields.

Good in iron with fast response, unmasking, but not too high in frequency that I may lose silver.

Leaning toward either Smart Plus or Warrior but not sure of the differences other than one is 15.5khz and the other is 18khz.

I like that the Smart has iron volume.

Was looking at Deeptech's Vista Smart Plus, or the Warrior, or possibly an AKA. All seem like very deep units.

Im looking for a deep detector primarily for coins/relics in plowed fields.

Good in iron with fast response, unmasking, but not too high in frequency that I may lose silver.

Leaning toward either Smart Plus or Warrior but not sure of the differences other than one is 15.5khz and the other is 18khz.

I like that the Smart has iron volume.

I don't like ergo on deep techs with stock sized coil. With the he super 6 coil better(will sacrifice some depth though). That coil is bigger than 6" too in case you are wondering.

Aka mfd is a deep seeker.
I had aka mft unit, I hear mfd even better.

Both aka and deep tech, ground balance setting key. Aka using more critical.

MFD unit with 7khz coil a deep coin hunter.

Here's one for sale by a member.
A 14khz coil on mfd would make it better for relics.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=262774

Tones on deep tech units is hard to decipher. With the gold gain unit (based on Internet videos) is a bit better.

Aka mfd allows for tone adjustment.
It is one of if not the deepest unit available if set right for your ground.
Can run a mixed mode too I think for fields when you don't exactly know where things were back when.

Aka units Not marketed in USA so they are unknown by many and likely very underrated.

I think they made aka mfd wth both s rods and rods with similar setup as Fisher F75. Some may even have carbon fiber rods.

Good luck with your quest.

Last edited:
I don't own Deep tech machines, was trying to get one but then the Akas can be extremely deep at times, I didn't bother to source a Deep tech. The Akas can use from 1.5 khz up to a 30 khz coil, it will adapt to the frequency of the coil.There is a independent coil maker in Russia that makes customized single, dual and triple frequency coils for the Akas in a wide range of coil sizes and configurations. There is also a new member at the Aka forum who sells a battery mod system to fit the MFD that use lap top batteries, is said to run 40 hrs on a single charge. Mikron in Bulgaria makes a great coil for Aka Machines as well as carbon fiber shafts. One thing to mention, 3khz does not signal iron wrap as a high tone like higher frequencies coils will. Good luck in whatever you decide, If you have questions about Aka, don't hesitate to ask in PM,I will help you all I can.I need to post some pictures in my MFD thread.

I own the VGG. Deeptech detectors with the super 6 coil are some of the deepest detectors with that size of coul and separation and unmasking in iron second to none. What's impressive is they will match a tesoros performance with a small concentric in carpet of nails with a DD coil. The super 6 will even up the ante more on co located iron on a 3d plane.
Now the 11 pit bull coil is stupidly deep in plowed field situations but it is nose heavy on the deeptechs. Grab a detecting buddy and your good to go though. Good luck on whatever you decide!

With Aka machines, it is much more than a dig and beep machine.You have a RT channel that sounds, A ST channel that sounds, A Hodo graph display and a ID number display and a value number display.The RT channel is like an all metal mode. It will tell you there is a target in the ground, it goes deeper than the ST channel can detect. It tells the size of the target by the length of the RT sound. Iron RT sounds different than non ferrous for the most part until it start detecting super deep objects. You will tire of digging deep objects. It is not confined to one frequency like individual Deeptech machines are. George Kinsey has both Brands, it would be advantageous to ask him about the subject.

There's pros and cons with all machines, AKA is no different.
Personally my Signum MFD, when conditions are favourable, is the deepest i've used, but rarely are conditions perfect to be able to run it 100%, so if you can only run it say 70% then it loses it's depth advantage over other units.
It's not an easy machine to run near it's peak performance, especially in tough minerals or wet soil where it will false badly if you try and run it hot.

I never felt it was a deep machine once you go over 14khz.
At lower khz it's not a machine i'd use in heavy iron, it's poor on recovery and 3d targets, meaning small coins and relics like buttons below iron, eg it's night and day between it and a Deus with 11" coils @7khz

With the Signum MFD, you can set it to be deep, or relatively fast, but set it to a balance point of both speed/depth, and you could out perform it with another average/lower cost machine.

Because of it's limits, i used it only for deep field work, best coil i used for that was the two frequency 13" coil @6khz-14khz.
Also, i believe the current price has dropped on new, and there's supposedly an updated Signum being released by end of year.

I have the AKA Sorex pro. Good performer. As others have said, the ground balance is critical. Easy to check though. You pump the coil up and down in search mode and if you don't get a target response from the ground, you're good.

Pretty much unlimited coil/frequency options. From 4 inch round to 18 inch round and from 1 to 30 khz but fairly pricey. All coils are dd. Not heavy. Powerful. Mine hits a clad quarter 10 inches deep in my red clay easily with the Mars sniper 5/12 khz 6x10 switchable freq coil.

It's not miraculous in any way, just a good performer.

Can't comment on the Deeptechs. Ziggy jinx seems to like them.

I think bibelot is selling a couple AKA's in the classifieds.

Good luck with your choice.

I've only tried the Deeptech Warrior and Smart Plus. For my hunting style which is coins, jewelry and some relic hunting I like the Smart Plus the best. The 'gain' is factory set where it's not so hot that it detects tiny flakes of metal and birdshot. On the Smart Plus I can set the iron volume to my liking and I also like its lower audio pitch, it just perfect for my ears. You just won't believe its blazing recovery speed! Yep, it faster than the Deus and Nox without loss of depth while doing so. That sucker is deep and fast. Its unmasking abilities is mind blowing. Oh yeah, it handles EMI great and it runs so super smooth that you won't know that's it's turned on until you go over a target. It's KEEPER! Make sure that you get the Super Six search coil.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom