Finally Got the Vegetable Garden In. Show Us Your Gardens.

Dangit... I posted to this thread yesterday, but never saved the post! Anyhow, here are some updated photos of my garden. The yellow tomatoes are (WERE) Carolina Golds. They had major blossom end rot which cannot be seen in the photo. Overnight a squirrel took care of them.

Attachments

• egg6221.jpg
    egg6221.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 86
  • egg6222.jpg
    egg6222.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 84
  • grhs622.jpg
    grhs622.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 87
  • tom6221.jpg
    tom6221.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 83
  • tom6222.jpg
    tom6222.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 83
If only I can stop my dog from digging the lawn then perhaps I can build my own vegetable garden. I guess I would have to install an underground dog fence first to ensure that he knows his boundary and won't mess with the crafts.

Last edited:
First zucchinis were harvested this week. Lots of green tomatoes, beans are flowering, and even see a couple marble sized watermelons.

Attachments

• 20180627_144218_resized.jpg
    20180627_144218_resized.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 20180627_144151_resized.jpg
    20180627_144151_resized.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 20180627_150738_resized.jpg
    20180627_150738_resized.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
A woodchuck got into my garden 2 days ago and ate all my lettuce, most of my beans and a lot of my cucumbers. Next thing I plant will be woodchuck.

A woodchuck got into my garden 2 days ago and ate all my lettuce, most of my beans and a lot of my cucumbers. Next thing I plant will be woodchuck.
I’ve helped my dad eliminate 3 whistle pigs already. There’s two den holes near the garden, we set a 220 Conibear at the entrance. Nail’s them fast and humanely. Just make sure you have no pets in the area, as the trap does not discriminate. The younger ‘hogs are very good eating.

I never did like vegetables, or gardening for that matter..seems to be one of those things for some people though. Some folks like to dink around and waste time out of doors...like Gardeners and Golfers specifically.. Everybody needs a hobby I guess...Not everybody can Metal Detect..:laughing:

I never understood why anybody would plant, nurture and then eat Zucchinis and Eggpants? Lots of folks do though, (mostly Italians), and have ample freebies to spare in season they like to brag about and give away at Church by the bagful!...Thanks for nothing, but OK, I'll find a use!

Then, I started reloading custom 22-250 rounds for coyote hunting for the Fur trade, and I realized the amazing ballistic benefits and the true intended purpose for Zucchinis and eggplants!...besides throwing them out the window on the way home from church at mailboxes and Hippies of course..

Ya see, when propped up on a stick, an average sized Zucchini accurately represents the biological 'boiler room' structure of your average sized Coyote...This is important to a Coyote Hunting reloader, you cannot have your projectile blowing out a big hole and tearing up a valuable pelt, you need it to hit accurate and 'pop' appropriately!...This is a fine balance, and best understood via carefully tweaked ammunition to hit sub MOA with proper effect by using Zucchinis and Eggplants as essentially free downrange ballistic gelatin recipients!...

Eggplant is about the size of a deers brain, and explodes accordingly just in case a big Muley comes along, other than that, theres no good use for an eggplant I can see, unless you want to keep a few in your car to throw at Hippys, in lieu of a perfectly good apple or empty beer bottle ...OK granted..that would work..but damn, really no need for eggplants when a guy is up to his eyeballs in free Zucchinis to throw...except for the irony of hitting a vagrant hippy in the head with an eggplant...yeah, sort of a 'bucket list' kind of deal there...its not really that hard to do, but sort of a strangeness that makes its pursuit worthwhile? Like flyfishermen get catching bluegills?

So Yeah, I get bushels full of free Zucchinis and egg plants in season from my Church Ladies for me to try out my new 22-250 recipes' on!....They think I'm cooking and eating their free veggies, and I for one dont want to discourage the free target gifting...who cares? Nobody would ever eat this stuff anyway except an Italian?

Nobody in their right mind would shoot an innocent pumpkin or a watermelon? Not with a 22-250! Unless of course a guy is reloading larger calibers for an African Safari Hunt?....OK then...sure, a 7mm Mag...splattering pumpkins and watermelons would be the ticket to give a guy an idea what a 7mag custom reload would do to a Kudu or a Cape buff or a charging Hippo, a guy has to know these things...:laughing:

You should see what a .22cal 52gr BTHP match Sierra..backed by Winchester 760 ball powder can do to a Zucchini at 200yrds...Its astounding! Max accuracy with the max hydraulic Pop intented! No damage to the pelt!! Perfect! ..I aint giving you the powder grain charge! Its a family secret recipe! Hard earned! Go get your own damn Zucchinis! :laughing:

Last edited:
Green beans, cukes, zucchini. Watermelon getting bigger.

Attachments

• 20180706_103900_resized.jpg
    20180706_103900_resized.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 20180706_103915_resized.jpg
    20180706_103915_resized.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 20180706_103904_resized.jpg
    20180706_103904_resized.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 20180706_103907_resized.jpg
    20180706_103907_resized.jpg