XP Deus?

Sinowzoa

I'm looking to buy an XP Deus because it is very light weight. I have a couple of questions though.

Here are the options I see...

Coils: 9" or 11"
Headphones: WS4 or WS5
Display: WS4 or LCD Remote (I will probably get this one)

but then on another website I see stuff like

"Fully Telescopic S Handle Stem
XP Deus Waterproofing Kit
Wireless Remote Control Display Screen
Hip mount case for Wireless Remote Control Display Screen
USB Connection Cable With One Mini-B Plug
USB Connection Cable With Three Mini-B Plugs
110 Volt Power Supply Transformer - Charger
Connection Clamp For Recharging The Coil
Complete Coil Hardware & Spare Parts (2 Screws, 2 Wing Nuts, 1 Washer, 1 Spacing Washer)

QUESTIONS
1. For someone who already has an Etrac (stock coil), would you recommend the 9 inch coil on the XP Deus?

2. Has anyone used both the WS4 and WS5 headphones? What do you prefer? I assume the FX-02 headphones aren't very good.

3. I see some dealers are selling two poles. Why would you need TWO telescopic poles?

4. Version 4.0 is supposed to come out in March. Should I wait till then to buy it? or do these software updates work perfectly with older models? I am not used to detectors with software updates.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I have the 11" and 9" but use the 9" most of the time, in testing I didn't see much difference in depth between the two , 11" covers a little more ground but to me the 9" performs better and is easier to navigate.

I prefer the WS4's to the 5's - I guess it's a preference thing...with the WS5's you're stuck with them if you don't like them, with the WS4's if you don't like them you can remove the puck and use aftermarket full size headphones such as Gray Ghost or Vance.

I have 2 lower rods ..just to make it easier if I want to swap coils..which I rarely do. Having two full rod assemblies, two coils and one pair of wireless phones and one remote you could technically have two Deus machines.

The software update will work on older models.

I have the WS4's and the remote. Having the remote gives you access to settings you will be unable to access if you only have the WS4/WS5 headphones.

I have the 11" and 9" but use the 9" most of the time, in testing I didn't see much difference in depth between the two , 11" covers a little more ground but to me the 9" performs better and is easier to navigate.

I prefer the WS4's to the 5's - I guess it's a preference thing...with the WS5's you're stuck with them if you don't like them, with the WS4's if you don't like them you can remove the puck and use aftermarket full size headphones such as Gray Ghost or Vance.

I have 2 lower rods ..just to make it easier if I want to swap coils..which I rarely do. Having two full rod assemblies, two coils and one pair of wireless phones and one remote you could technically have two Deus machines.

The software update will work on older models.

I have the WS4's and the remote. Having the remote gives you access to settings you will be unable to access if you only have the WS4/WS5 headphones.

Ditto on all of this! I prefer the 9" coil, and got the backphones so I could pop the puck off and plug my Killer B's in to it. I actually now have a modified set of Killer B's that allows me to hang the puck right to the headphone, eliminating the cable altogether.

If you do buy an XP Deus save yourself ALOT of head aches and worry and make sure the dealer can provide you with a receipt that includes the serial number of the unit. Many are having an issue getting their Deus repaired under warranty because they cannot jump through all the hoops that XP requires.
A 5 year warranty is no good if they refuse to honor it.
I know I will not be buying any more XP products until they get this sorted out.

If you do buy an XP Deus save yourself ALOT of head aches and worry and make sure the dealer can provide you with a receipt that includes the serial number of the unit. Many are having an issue getting their Deus repaired under warranty because they cannot jump through all the hoops that XP requires.
I know I will not be buying any more XP products until they get this sorted out.

It's been a hot mess as of late, that's for sure. My advice would buy New for now from a reputable dealer. Only way I'm going with my new Deus. Good advice Chop

Hmmm hadn't thought of that.

It's been a hot mess as of late, that's for sure. My advice would buy New for now from a reputable dealer. Only way I'm going with my new Deus. Good advice Chop

Here is the problem Mike, most online dealers actually do not have any stock on hand these days. You order from them and pay they in turn order one from the distributor. The problem is the dealer has no idea what the serial number of the unit is going to be so they cannot put the serial number on your receipt. Some distributors include an invoice with the serial # and some do not. It is a HUGE mess The manufacture, distributor, dealer and repair center need to all get on the same page so a customer does not have to jump through hoops to get the 5 year warranty that the manufacture brags of.
When buying, a person needs to ask the dealer if they will provide a sales receipt with the serial number of the unit. If they will not then move on to the next dealer.
I know of one dealer right now who is in talks with deus to see what can be done to sort this out.
The Deus is a GREAT machine so they should try to make it easier to buy it with some peace of mind.

Here is the problem Mike, most online dealers actually do not have any stock on hand these days. You order from them and pay they in turn order one from the distributor. The problem is the dealer has no idea what the serial number of the unit is going to be so they cannot put the serial number on your receipt. Some distributors include an invoice with the serial # and some do not. It is a HUGE mess The manufacture, distributor, dealer and repair center need to all get on the same page so a customer does not have to jump through hoops to get the 5 year warranty that the manufacture brags of.
When buying, a person needs to ask the dealer if they will provide a sales receipt with the serial number of the unit. If they will not then move on to the next dealer.
I know of one dealer right now who is in talks with deus to see what can be done to sort this out.
The Deus is a GREAT machine so they should try to make it easier to buy it with some peace of mind.

I was thinking that same thing, most drop ship so no way of getting that info on a receipt. Keep us updated Chop when you hear something because I'm planning on buying soon...again:yes:

We need to hear from some sponsors here in this thread that sell Deus.
I don't think any of my receipts show any serial number info.

Maybe the dealers will have to do some backtracking and provide folks these documents again with the vital info.

I think I registered my units and components,,,,how does this play into this.
I guess I Should ask,,,why even have the registry,,,if a receipt with serial is needed for warranty repairs???

We need to hear from some sponsors here in this thread that sell Deus.
I don't thin qny of my receipts show qny serial number info.

Maybe the dealers will have to do some backtracking and provide folks these documents again with the vital info.

yeah it is a true nightmare and may hit XP hard in sales if they do not get their end sorted out. I think the best course of action is to require ALL distributors to furnish a invoice with the serial number on it. That should settle it.
Also people should keep their receipt in a safe place and provide it to the new owner if they sell the unit.

On a good note, received my Deus 11 X 13 coil today and cannot wait to try it out!

I think I am going to pm this thread link wise to some of the sponsors here to make them aware,,and maybe they will comment.

And maybe we will get some clarification via with them talking to distributor/ service center.

Well,
If I can,,I am going to call Xp tomorrow and talk to someone.

I don't like this here,,,and I'll tell you why.
First if the registry system is acceptable for warranty work claim,,,,how does a second or later owner know if detector was registered by original owner??

There is no mention of really any needed documents on Xp Americas website I don't think,,,and no mention of serial numbers either.

Dropped shipped units,,,I certainly don't know what the sponsors here would have information wise on these units delivered to customers.

And the fact,,there are in fact 2 warranty periods, depending on purchase date.

I actually have 2 complete units,,purchased at different times,,,both fall under the 5 year warranty time frame.

So,,,could I actually get warranty work done,,,using the " wrong" receipt,,you know the receipt of my other unit---- assuming I didn't register either of my units.

System needs to be more cut and dried,,,and their website certainly could use some work in this area.

Folks,,I want to be clear here,,talking about this topic here,,and asking questions,,,this in no way is saying Xp or any sponsor here has refused warranty repair service to any customer. But the warranty procedure on their merchandise does need to be clear,,and this need to be reflected on manufacturer's website.

Dave,
Like you, I have 2 Deus. I was able to register the one I bought first but it would not let me register my second unit and also will not let me register my new 11X13 coil. Not sure why but it lets me fill everything out but will not send me the confirmation via email to complete the registration.

Keep us updated on what you find out and I will do the same.

I haven't experienced any problems with my Deus units.

Somebody may,,,and 5 years is a long time,,,lots of things can happen.

While we are on the subject,,,something else I would like to see,,,and this applies to all manufacturers.

The warranty period needs to start on possession date taken by buyer,,,not purchase date. How can this be documented and proven later??? Probably a good question. Or maybe allow say 5 days from purchase date,,,when warranty period starts.

Now some manufacturers may not split hairs here if a warranty period only expired a few days,,,but doing the above would remove any doubt.

I think garret, Whites and yes even Makro has set the bar pretty high in regards to customer service and warranty coverage You would think the big guns like XP and Minelab would follow suite but then again change usually only comes when one is pressured to do so.

We have all seen on different forums.
Deus components can be split up and sold,,,yet a dealer only supplies 1 receipt.

So what is the original owner supposed to do,,,what are they to provide buyer of one of their Deus components.

Is a photo copy receipt,,,even honored??? Where the first owner could line through or make adjustment on original receipt???
Sounds a bit cheesy to me,,,definitely not very professional sounding or looking.

And if original receipt has no serial number,,,,then how would this actual component sold,,,be identified,,,,so an intruder (like component) couldn't be substituted.

I can only attest to whites....their warranty is as advertised. ..top notch, no questions asked. ...I was hoping Deus would be the same...I have no receipt 😦

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom