Hello from Singapore

hipsterskates

Hey guys,i am from Singapore. I've been watching metal detecting videos for about a year now but never got to it because of financial difficulties but i just got myself one of those Quick Shooter metal detectors. I know what you must be thinking "Thats a chinese detector" "a knockoff of some detector" and most definitely "you wasted money" hahaha,but I've been on two hunts alone so far for about an hour on the beaches here and I've found singapore,thailand and british coins. I feel pretty motivated to keep going,all i need now is a shovel because digging with a hand-tool is exhausting and painful lol.:D

Hey guys,i am from Singapore. I've been watching metal detecting videos for about a year now but never got to it because of financial difficulties but i just got myself one of those Quick Shooter metal detectors. I know what you must be thinking "Thats a chinese detector" "a knockoff of some detector" and most definitely "you wasted money" hahaha,but I've been on two hunts alone so far for about an hour on the beaches here and I've found singapore,thailand and british coins. I feel pretty motivated to keep going,all i need now is a shovel because digging with a hand-tool is exhausting and painful lol.:D
Sounds cool. Do you see other people metal detecting?

Don't feel bad even "starter" metal detectors find goodies.

You can always upgrade but save your first detector for friends who will probably get the detecting bug.

Hello from Western Australia! As long as you're finding stuff, you know you're doing it right. Even the cheap machines can find a lot. I met a guy once whilst detecting, he was using a cheap Bounter Hunter. He said it only goes down about 4/5in, but that's enough for finding loose change. And he was happy with that. Good luck out there :)

Welcome from Wisconsin. Your Quick Shooter is perfect for a beginner. Not too spendy, should you give up on the hobby. Good enough to make pay, yet chincy enough to make you appreciate an upgrade if you stick with the hobby. Singapore sounds to me like a place you can find someone to make a decent sand scoop for a lot less than buying one. A shovel will work too.
We have a saying in the metal detecting forums: "GL & HH"

I've detected a few times there. It's a nice place. If you're dry-sanding on the beach, just dig the signals, and you'll come across nice stuff eventually. The rings will ring up good and solid, a lot like a 50-cent Singapore.

The beaches there (especially at Sentosa) are hit regularly by detectorists, but there's almost always fresh drops in the summer. Don't expect the beaches to be like they were 5-10 years ago. There's a regular club there in Singapore that cleans them out pretty solid. The gold-rush days are over, but stuff can still be found, just like any beach!

Cheers,

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom