Which Beach?

C

croenyit

Hi,

I'm still relatively a newbie who just can't figure out my Ace 250 Detector and trying so hard not to be swayed away. So I've decided to hit a beach tomorrow morning around 8 am. I was wondering if any one can give me tips on where to detect and any good beaches to hit in Connecticut. Thanks for any advice.

Mike

Just go to a beach closest to where you live. The tides change the beaches in CT every day, so there really isn't a "best" beach.

Start by just going where you can practice, and dig everything. (and be sure to fill your holes)

The ACE does very well in the dry sand. The wet sand and water will give you a fit though. Play with all your settings while in the dry sand to get you familiar with your readings. From setting the sensitivity all the way up, then around three or so. I use it on the beach here all the time and have a great time.

Like the rest have said, the wet sand might cause you some trouble. Don't worry though, you will be surprised at what you may find in the dry sand. I hunt dry sand all the time, and have made some pretty good finds there. Good luck, and HH

As everyone has said hit the dry sand... But April 1st most beaches in and around Norwalk are going to start charging for you to get in. And they cleaning the beaches now.. Most of the beaches down here are devoid of any great finds unless you were to go in the water and you can't with your detector... Summer conditions are even happening in the water beaches are now filling in with sand :( Last 2 times out I found my gravel and shells buried under a foot of fresh sand.

Back
Top Bottom