11.1 KB · Views: 165
Redfield Beach in Beach Park, Conn

Redfield Beach in Beach Park, Conn

Attachments

• Redfield-Beach-in-Beach-Par.jpg
    Redfield-Beach-in-Beach-Par.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 147
Ummm..... am I a hero member yet? :lol:

Most of these beaches we have detected, but some, I still have not been able to locate. Sometimes we find stuff, sometimes we don't, it all depends on the sand.

Carol...

You can forget about Roton point beach... We hunted that for a couple weeks recently and scored lots of old gold, I hit a 8 foot in diameter spot where I pulled 12 quarters and 3 gold rings from... We got it pretty well cleaned up in the trash dept as well... Need a big storm to move around more sand because its so protected from the islands :)

Holy smokes!! :shock: :shock:

It sucks that I live far from the shore. The window of opportunity is rather small. :o(

Have I got my work cut out for me! :grin:

Angel

You can do pretty well at lakes too Epi. I look at it like this, if angel starts going to the beach, then we'll all have a better chance at finding some old coins :lol:

I have found rings at lakes. Not any really good ones yet, but then again, I only have a MXT and it's not water proof :shock:

OkieDigger said:
...if angel starts going to the beach, then we'll all have a better chance at finding some old coins :lol:

user18 said:
Hey Angel, go to the beach! :lol:

Keep me busy elsewhere, huh. :lol: :lol:

Hey OD, I've heard from others, one being a local MA dealer, that they do quite well with rings at the lakes. I'm going to have to take a closer look at the local ponds and lakes. :yes:

The shark thing does pop into my mind while wading at the beach, Epi. And this happens even after many years of wading into the surf at night to fish for stripers.

I guess it's just the thought of having something bigger than me in the water that gets the imagination going - that plus having a good chunk of my important body parts in some "monster's" toothy jaws. :shock:

It is an irrational fear, but one that's hard for me to ignore. :grin:

Angel

Ang,

You might not have to worry about jellyfish or sharks but don't forget lakes have snapping turtles, snakes and leeches... :)

user18 said:
Jeez Angel, not sure I agree that it's an irrational fear.

:lol: :lol: It's irrational in the sense that the chance of getting attacked by a shark is very remote, when compared to other hazards. You might find the information here of interest, though I do agree, the fear is real enough. :grin:
http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/sharks/attacks/relarisk.htm

user18 said:
Thanks for the info on lakes. There is a lake nearby that they are draining, in a park, but it's not all that old (park established in the 1960's) so I've not been real motivated to go there. I might try it....

That sounds like a very promising piece of ground. Even if it's only from the 60's, if folks went swimming there, chances are that there will be some very interesting finds, possibly of the golden type. I would definitely have it on my list of sites to hit.

Cfmct-PI said:
Ang,

You might not have to worry about jellyfish or sharks but don't forget lakes have snapping turtles, snakes and leeches... :)

Craig, I take it Angie is to view those as encouraging words. :lol:

Angel

Go for it Angie. I have made some good finds in our lakes here as well. We have a couple of pretty good sized ones too. :shock: :lol: The water levels are down right now, and it would be a prime time to get in some good shallow water hunting. In fact, before too long I will be getting a water machine to get to the deeper spots. I think the good stuff is just out of my reach for now. :(

If I ever find enough gold rings with this MXT I plan on buying a water unit too.

Sharks never bothered me nearly as much as stepping on a stingray. Down on the gulf those things were everywhere. I used to fish a lot in Galveston and Freeport and caught sharks and stingrays a lot. The place is full of them.

Oh yeah. Sharks were what I caught the most. My friend and I once caught about twenty sharks in one night. None as big as Jaws though :lol: but big enough to take a hand off :shock: Sharks aren't nearly as fun to catch as a bull red or stingray. Once you hook them, they swim right at you and don't put up a fight until they're near the beach or jetty. I tried catching a dolphin once, but they didn't seem interested....j/k.

Back
Top Bottom