My favorite type of ring to find...

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
Signet rings are my favorite ring to find because they are generally old and heavy and me likes heavy gold rings...

Raymond and I hit a local beach that gets hit on the wet and dry sand but not too bad in the water... Raymond pulled 2 rings 1 being gold and the other junk... he also got 2 earrings and a buffalo nickel.. Not much trash in the water but digging was nasty as well.. the bottom make-up is silt and clay little if any sand... I got the change and the signet 14k ring.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/Cfmct/P1010528.jpg

Very nice I agree. Got a question for you. When using the scoop in clay, how much trouble is it to get the clay to go through the holes in the scoop? I have dug with my hand scoop in the clay before, and its a bear to clean out.

hoser said:
Very nice I agree. Got a question for you. When using the scoop in clay, how much trouble is it to get the clay to go through the holes in the scoop? I have dug with my hand scoop in the clay before, and its a bear to clean out.

Bill... It doesn't go thru the scoop, you have to use a sifter on these types of beaches.

Thx Steve... I have learned where to and where not to hunt with a PI :)

As far as I am concerned the best finds are in the water at least here in Connecticut... Where I live our beaches are protected from ocean waves and currents and even though we get sand movement its not to the extent people do on the ocean.

Where I live our beaches are protected from ocean waves and currents and even though we get sand movement its not to the extent people do on the ocean

I hear you there Craig. Most of the beaches here in RI are set up the same way, with the big stone retaing walls. I'm just starting the learn that that means the sand doesn't move nearly as much.

Beautiful ring by the way! I think signets are my favorite type of ring too. I'll let you know for sure when I find one, lol!

Back
Top Bottom