2021 coins

CharlieT84

Elite Member
I pulled out my finds for 2021 and I did ok with 42 silvers.
2 Seated dimes and 5 Barber dimes.
A 1898 Barber half and a Columbian half.
I was very excited when I found my first Shield Nickel!
I found more Large cents than Indian Heads. 12 Largies this year...
I found a few nice silver rings and a 10k gold ring.

Attachments

• IMG_2005r.jpg
    IMG_2005r.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 571
  • IMG_2008r.jpg
    IMG_2008r.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 587
  • IMG_2009r.jpg
    IMG_2009r.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG_2011r.jpg
    IMG_2011r.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_2012r.jpg
    IMG_2012r.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 574
  • IMG_2013r.jpg
    IMG_2013r.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 550
Awesome haul.

I beat your 2021 total by one silver, but I was super unlucky with the quarters with just one for the year. Love the big silvers.

Great haul of large cents too. Some of those are in great condition too.

Last edited:
Way to go Charlie! The silver 50 cent piece and the shield nickel are both still bucket listers for me. Love that Columbian Exposition half as well, nice save.

Holy hunting! That is a phenomenal year in my opinion!!! I've only topped that silver count once but didn't come close to the rest of your collection!!! Ever!!!

Thanks for sharing your year! I am happy for you.

GTL

Great job on the coins especially that shield nickel, looks like it’s in great shape!
TY I am so happy with that one, it was on my list of most wanted for two summers now. Now a seated quarter is #1 on my most wanted.
Awesome haul.
I beat your 2021 total by one silver, but I was super unlucky with the quarters with just one for the year. Love the big silvers.
Great haul of large cents too. Some of those are in great condition too.
Congrats on your silvers! Those largies ring up similar to silver quarters...Kept thinking I was pulling out a Seated quarter...LOL
Way to go Charlie! The silver 50 cent piece and the shield nickel are both still bucket listers for me. Love that Columbian Exposition half as well, nice save.
Both of those halves were surprises and nice surprises at that.
Congrats on all the finds looks like a great year!
Thank you.
Holy hunting! That is a phenomenal year in my opinion!!! I've only topped that silver count once but didn't come close to the rest of your collection!!! Ever!!!
Thanks for sharing your year! I am happy for you.
GTL
Thank you for the kind words. I have one great spot that has been producing silvers for three years now but it is drying up. Looking for a new spot in 2022, hope you find a good spot like this one.:chaplin:

Great finds! Congrats! I'm still waiting on my first shield nickel and seated coin so I'm a little jealous. And I love the LC's. I never get tired of digging them.

Steve

Congrats on all of the great finds! I would be happy with a 1/4 of that. How many hours do you think you detected this past year to find all that great stuff?

I've never seen anyone dig a Columbia half on here. What a cool find! Congrats on a great year

Congrats on all of the great finds! I would be happy with a 1/4 of that. How many hours do you think you detected this past year to find all that great stuff?
TY I had almost 300 hours for 2021.
Great finds, I really like the Columbian half :wow:

I've never seen anyone dig a Columbia half on here. What a cool find! Congrats on a great year
I found it on the edge of the driveway at an old homesite down about 2 inches and it was bent badly...I straightened it a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_1743.jpg
    IMG_1743.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_1745.jpg
    IMG_1745.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 374
Awesome haul on the silver and a fantastic score on the LCs. Good job on the shield nickel, Buffs and rings. Charlie you had a great year by any standards. Well done sir. Many including myself have a Barber half on their bucket list. That Columbian half is odd but very cool save. In my own back yard, when I first started I dug a Columbian Worlds Exposition medal (copper), over 2 in. in diameter. That find helped cement my addiction to mding and also won me a pinpointer from Garrett for my story. And it still sits front and center in my display case. So yeah that half is a dream bucket lister for me. What a find and congrats. Good luck in 2022. Mark

Congrats on a very fine year.
The Columbian expo half is huge score for sure. I don't think I've ever seen anyone post one. Very very cool.
And man your old copper coins are commendable for sure too. I managed 6 or 7 largies, but they were all smooth....I may have got a legible date on one. And your nickels look incredible too. I had about 3 Bufs and 3 a couple Vs and they too were in horrible shape.
And congrats on the yellow. I missed out any yellow in 21.....
Grats on all the goodies. Good luck in 22.

Wow good job! I'd call that a very good year. Super nice variety. You did well. Those Barber halves aren't easy to find. At least not where I'm from. Large cents I would say are impossible.

Awesome haul on the silver and a fantastic score on the LCs. Good job on the shield nickel, Buffs and rings. Charlie you had a great year by any standards. Well done sir. Many including myself have a Barber half on their bucket list. That Columbian half is odd but very cool save. In my own back yard, when I first started I dug a Columbian Worlds Exposition medal (copper), over 2 in. in diameter. That find helped cement my addiction to mding and also won me a pinpointer from Garrett for my story. And it still sits front and center in my display case. So yeah that half is a dream bucket lister for me. What a find and congrats. Good luck in 2022. Mark
TY Mark you're right one good find and you are hooked. Happened to me on one of my first hunts 3 years ago on my sister's tiny yard- 1875 seated dime
Congrats on a very fine year.
The Columbian expo half is huge score for sure. I don't think I've ever seen anyone post one. Very very cool.
And man your old copper coins are commendable for sure too. I managed 6 or 7 largies, but they were all smooth....I may have got a legible date on one. And your nickels look incredible too. I had about 3 Bufs and 3 a couple Vs and they too were in horrible shape.
And congrats on the yellow. I missed out any yellow in 21.....
Grats on all the goodies. Good luck in 22.
TY the nickels look better in the picture than in person... you should see the other side of them LOL
Wow good job! I'd call that a very good year. Super nice variety. You did well. Those Barber halves aren't easy to find. At least not where I'm from. Large cents I would say are impossible.
TY Hopefully you will pull one in 2022!
Superb year-end total! :congras:
TY Good luck in 2022 :chaplin:

Beautiful finds. On how many individual sites are the finds distributed? Thanks for showing. Good luck also in 2022

Beautiful finds. On how many individual sites are the finds distributed? Thanks for showing. Good luck also in 2022

Thank you.... I have hunted many sites... I would say about 22 different sites were productive (gave up at least one coin for my collection). At least another dozen sites were not so good. LOL Good luck in 2022! :chaplin:

Back
Top Bottom