E-Trac Users - $8 trick to make Minelab's Harness 200% Better

pocketspill

Elite Member
I'm swinging the NEL Big Coil (13"x17") for relics these days and the Minelab harness is a must for hours of hunting.

But if you've ever tried using that Harness with the Etrac, you'll know finding a connection point is tricky. I have hundreds of hours with the harness, E-trac and Ultimat 13 coil, and now with the NEL Big Coil (15x17)

So I just discovered a $5 product that fixes the issues. It's called a Husky Hang All and I got it at Home Depot. Add a $3 Night Eyze Quick Release (75 lb version) for glove friendly clip-unclip action.

(This post about making the E-trac and the Pro Swing Harness work well with the NEL Big Coil if you'd like a bit more detail.)

The key here is that the hang-all "cradles" the control box (velcro) and gives you a hang point exactly at the center of Gravity. Plus it leaves the entire handle free and buttons clear.

I adjust the harness position by lowering the coil to the ground and then taking just a bit of weight off of it into the Harness.

Highly recommended cheap upgrade.

8z4udS6.jpg

GL/HH

Right now I'm deciding between the E-Trac and the Equinox 600. If I keep the E-Trac, I'll need to find a way to deal with its weight.

Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom