Easy come, easy go

Swinglow

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
I was finally able to take a few days off to road trip it down south to VA to visit family and friends. It was a deer hunting trip but of course I brought the equinox. I had visions of digging a CW belt plate and got on a sweet property for a very short hour long hunt. With multiple dogs barking at me and the worse EMI I’ve ever encountered, I managed to pull an sweet old gold ring. It had no markings and I’m guessing it was 10k. No doubt it would have achieved honker status (10g+)because it was gigantic. I wear a sized 10.5 and it was sliding off my finger easily.

Notice I used past tense there? You guessed it. My dumb a$$ somehow managed to lose the friggin thing before I made it back to CT. After hiking about 15 miles in 2 days, I finally got my sites on a deer only to have a rifle malfunction [emoji2357]. It was a perfect summary/end to my 2021 lol. I at least got a few pics to tease Craig with (beach forum mod)
e031b3e5559a6c5f3e82089c5a9b1110.jpg

d9ed88a1d138118ceffcecdd1f429edc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the Pits loosing a honker like that! Looks like 23K to me..:shock:..what you think Craig?

I had a three events like that, I did end up finding two of them. The one that got away from me was so small it was no big lose. Yours.. I would be sick.

I do hope yours shows up..

That's the Pits loosing a honker like that! Looks like 23K to me..:shock:..what you think Craig?

I had a three events like that, I did end up finding two of them. The one that got away from me was so small it was no big lose. Yours.. I would be sick.

I do hope yours shows up..

I think losing a ring is worse than returning a ring :laughing:

I almost lost a 18k heavy wedding band years ago I put it in my short pocket not knowing I had a hole in the pocket I was at gas station filling my trucks tank never heard it fall out then I drove home and discovered the ring was gone... I was frantic I said to myself I must have lost it as gas station so I drove down there it was not at the pumps then I saw it, it had rolled out into the road and its a busy road I waited for the light to change to red walked out and recovered it a second time lol....

As to the carat I don't think its that high looks 14 to me if you want to call it 22 its ok :yes:

Swinglow, I'm so sorry but the rules here are that you have to find AND RETAIN the coin or ring, in order to qualify as "found". Tsk tsk.

So that ring doesn't count for the show & tell here . Tsk tsk :cool:

Well that's your New Year's resolution. More exercise. Start by retracing that 15 mile hike. Should be an easy eyeball find.

... I was frantic I said to myself I must have lost it as gas station so I drove down there it was not at the pumps then I saw it, it had rolled out into the road and its a busy road I waited for the light to change to red walked out and recovered it a second time lol....
I hope you didn't count that as 2 gold finds. That's sounds like something Earl would pull. :lol:

I hope you didn't count that as 2 gold finds. That's sounds like something Earl would pull. :lol:

Earl has to find gold first... get with the program :laughing: and no why would I count it twice my coil didn't go over it a second time... :laughing:

I was finally able to take a few days off to road trip it down south to VA to visit family and friends. It was a deer hunting trip but of course I brought the equinox. I had visions of digging a CW belt plate and got on a sweet property for a very short hour long hunt. With multiple dogs barking at me and the worse EMI I’ve ever encountered, I managed to pull an sweet old gold ring. It had no markings and I’m guessing it was 10k. No doubt it would have achieved honker status (10g+)because it was gigantic. I wear a sized 10.5 and it was sliding off my finger easily.

Notice I used past tense there? You guessed it. My dumb a$$ somehow managed to lose the friggin thing before I made it back to CT. After hiking about 15 miles in 2 days, I finally got my sites on a deer only to have a rifle malfunction [emoji2357]. It was a perfect summary/end to my 2021 lol. I at least got a few pics to tease Craig with (beach forum mod)

hot damn! that's A "honker". for sure, and full 22 kt.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Swinglow, I'm so sorry but the rules here are that you have to find AND RETAIN the coin or ring, in order to qualify as "found". Tsk tsk.

So that ring doesn't count for the show & tell here . Tsk tsk :cool:

yeah! "pitures" don't count! go back and "find' that "rascal"
be sure to use 'dector! that would help some!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Just curious.. what kinda malfuntion? My entire life ive yet to have a deer rifle malfunctio

Well you didn't get the ring or the deer but at least you have the memories of the one, make that two that got away.:laughing: Seriously I would be sick if I lost a find like that, I feel for you brother. Good luck in the new year. Mark

At least George you got picture to remind you of what once was on a wonderful trip South. Gold Ring and a big Deer in your sights... memories of what could have been. May 2022 be much kinder to you. Trapper

Dang that really stinks! Looks like a bloodstone in it too, a fairly desirable mineral. Hope it shows up under the driver's seat or something!

Back
Top Bottom