Any luck off-brand Pinpointer?

deteknix-xpointer-china-pinpointer
The deteknix looks almost identical to the garret carrot except it has two button operation.

I had the Detecnix unit for about 2 months when it just stopped working.
Then they folded the company here in this country during the Quest, T2 code stealing debacle.

It was just ok, better than nothing...it was NOT good on small foil so small gold might be missed, also.

Last edited:
deteknix-xpointer-china-pinpointer
The deteknix looks almost identical to the garret carrot except it has two button operation.

+1 for the Xpointer. I started with the HF PP and modded it with the momentary on button. Used it for a few months and then used clad finds to purchase the Xpointer. Used it exclusively for nearly 2 years before it stopped working. Well outside of the warranty period i shipped it back to Detectnix for repair. To my surprise, they replaced the innards for free it took less than a week round trip. I keep it as a back up to my Profind 35 and Carrot.

So far the deteknix is goin on 3 years now. I still prefer my carrot as my wife uses the deteknix. The only problem we’ve had so far is the cap where the battery goes some of the threads broke off. It still worked I was just afraid the o-ring wouldn’t seal. Sent one email and got two new end caps within a few days.

Cool. Thanks everyone. I might go ahead with a fake carrot for now. Often, I can let him dig a target while I stab at the next one.

I have the GP Pointer on it's way.

I used the HF pointer for almost two years. Without any issue. It's not water proof, so I didn't stick it in water.

I gave it to my son when I stopped detecting almost ten years ago. He claims it still works on the rare occasion he gets out with it.

Maybe I have forgot a few things, but I don't recall needing over a couple of inches of range in a pointer. Mostly checking to see if the find was in the plug or in the hole? I was basically coin shooting, so a relic guy might want more in a pointer.

I actually use a Nalanda Pinpointer as a back up of my back up. It's just around $30+ on Amazon and it's pretty decent. Hasn't given me any problems. It quite accurate and has vibration, audio, and light indicators. For something cheap, it's worth it IMO. Oh, and it's also waterproof. Can't beat that.

I use a TRX but if it broke and I had to send it in, you can bet I'd get out my old HF Centek as it's still like new and was always better than no pinpointer at all. The switch never even broke!:D

Back
Top Bottom