Nice Full Afternoon with the AT MAX

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
Had the whole afternoon to myself. Getting used to the AT MAX. Had a great time. No silver this time. (I may have used up all my luck on finding that Barber Quarter and Seated Dime the last few weeks) Haha. Anyway, nothing special but I enjoy when others post their finds from their hunts. Here's mine!

18 Quarters
20 Dimes
22 Copper Pennies
4 Wheaties
13 Crusty Zincs
1 Showbiz Pizza Token
1 non descript medallion
Some other misc junk

I had such a great relaxing afternoon!

Attachments

• 20171007_203728_resized.jpg
    20171007_203728_resized.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 536
Well thats Cool! Nice work with the MAX! Yesterday was a very relaxing day out hunting clad myself!...man...heading back out today! You go get you some more and report back!

How deep are you getting coins with the max?

Most of the clad is obviously in the top 4 inches, but I will tell you that when I start digging the mid tones... the MAX hits the smallest bits of foil and really deep old style pull tabs (no gold yet). What I have found is that if you are in an area with minimal trash, you can really crank up the sensitivity with only the low iron discriminated out and hit pretty strong signals on high tones 8 inches down. Lately, sometimes I will get a small high tone signal that doesn't quite repeat consistently. When this happens, I switch over to All Metal Mode to locate the signal. I recently dug a Seated Dime at over 10 inches. These are the signals that my ACE 350 would have never detected. Also the ID numbers aren't as accurate at those depths. It does give ID numbers in All Metal Mode, but if I remember right, that silver dime jumped around in the mid 70s. I'm glad I took a chance at digging it, just because it was so deep. Hope that helps!

What I have found is that if you are in an area with minimal trash, you can really crank up the sensitivity with only the low iron discriminated out and hit pretty strong signals on high tones 8 inches down. Lately, sometimes I will get a small high tone signal that doesn't quite repeat consistently. When this happens, I switch over to All Metal Mode to locate the signal. I recently dug a Seated Dime at over 10 inches. These are the signals that my ACE 350 would have never detected.

I agree. Just yesterday my MAX hit 7 dimes in an area we previously hunted with both ACE machines. The MAX didn't flinch. It screamed "81" at 8" on at least half of these dimes (clad dime signal on mine). Some of the dimes were standing on end. The MAX is a small target vacuum cleaner!

Attachments

• IMG_20171008_183750.jpg
    IMG_20171008_183750.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 229
I agree. Just yesterday my MAX hit 7 dimes in an area we previously hunted with both ACE machines. The MAX didn't flinch. It screamed "81" at 8" on at least half of these dimes (clad dime signal on mine). Some of the dimes were standing on end. The MAX is a small target vacuum cleaner!

Nice!

Back
Top Bottom