Historic aerial photo question

Pulltabby

Forum Supporter
Any links to a site that does not require a fast as lightning computer or user.

Thanks, tried a few but my computer was to basic to get to the maps.

thanks for any tips or leads.

I have a few sites that did have buildings or activity, just useless with research like platt maps.

Just been testing this Google Earth where you can get historic aerial photo's. I'm new to this type of research.

The first site tested was from 2004 to present 2017. It has overgrown so much it is hard to believe was bottle hunting in same spot. I think this will keep me busy during winter research.

It has paid off a little all ready with dozens of old bottles .... before was just guessing the area to dig.

Many use this site, I highly recommend it. The older photo's can be blurry but still helpful.

oj/bc

Attachments

• IMG_1103.jpg
    IMG_1103.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0918.jpg
    IMG_0918.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 66
Just been testing this Google Earth where you can get historic aerial photo's. I'm new to this type of research.

The first site tested was from 2004 to present 2017. It has overgrown so much it is hard to believe was bottle hunting in same spot. I think this will keep me busy during winter research.

It has paid off a little all ready with dozens of old bottles .... before was just guessing the area to dig.

Many use this site, I highly recommend it. The older photo's can be blurry but still helpful.

oj/bc

That's a nice bottle collection!

Google earth works quite well for me, but unfortunately it only goes back until 2001 for where I am. It has still helped me a lot in researching, and last week I found out that a nearby school was rebuilt in 2005, but the old oval was kept for the new school. I might check out this oval in the coming month. :)

That's a nice bottle collection!

Google earth works quite well for me, but unfortunately it only goes back until 2001 for where I am. It has still helped me a lot in researching, and last week I found out that a nearby school was rebuilt in 2005, but the old oval was kept for the new school. I might check out this oval in the coming month. :)

Thanks just starting my bottle hobby, I wish understood this Google before and good luck with your research.

oj/bc

Back
Top Bottom