My Best Buckle Yet! G.A.R. Buckle Found In A Bottledump

HistoryFinder89

Elite Member
I haven't metal detected since I found that large cent about two weeks ago. The weather here just isn't good enough to melt all the snow we got well enough. I'm waiting for the weather to improve so I can hunt, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen soon. This artic air just keeps coming at us. I've been wanting to get out and find some history, so I thought of trying to look for eyeball finds at an old bottledump. There is a huge bottledump that sits behind an old factory from the early 1900s. However this much like many sites I go to has been hunted pretty well. And most of what remains is broken bottle pieces. But these bottle pieces are old. I found a broken straight sided coke bottle there so I know it's an older dump. I was looking at the surface of the areas where the snow had melted, and I found what looks to be an old garter clip, and an old thimble. But this find was really amazing. I seen an old buckle sticking out of the ground. I seen it had a star on it. I thought at first it could have been a kids toy from an old western tv show or something. But when I got home and looked it up, I seen it was a Civil War Veteran's buckle! Wow! :shock: That's something I didn't expect! I looked at most online and most don't have the two stars on the bottom. I was wondering what they could possibly mean :?: Heres are the pics, thanks for looking everyone and HH! :)

Attachments

• IMAG0075.JPG
    IMAG0075.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 511
  • IMAG0069.JPG
    IMAG0069.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 497
  • IMAG0071.JPG
    IMAG0071.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 495
  • IMAG0074.JPG
    IMAG0074.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 482
  • IMAG0077.JPG
    IMAG0077.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 459
  • IMAG0078.JPG
    IMAG0078.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 433
Now that's what I'm talking about, great finds!!!! Love that buckle!!!

Absolutely awesome find...SWEET BUCKLE!!! You saved a wonderful piece of history and it's in great condition too. Congrats and HH!!!

Back
Top Bottom