Where’s Calabash been

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
Just saying,there seems to be some differences again in what settings to run etc ,,on what machine.And also the buzz is in the air about Minelab,fisher and Nokta releasing new machines soon.So,I’m hoping calabash digger shows back up and straightens this out.

I wondered the same thing

Just saying,there seems to be some differences again in what settings to run etc ,,on what machine.And also the buzz is in the air about Minelab,fisher and Nokta releasing new machines soon.So,I’m hoping calabash digger shows back up and straightens this out.
Hey Woody, I wondered the same thing, I thought maybe he got banned for one thing or another. I did see he posted recently on another forum. I enjoy his videos. HH Mark

He did not wish to play by the forums rules so he was sent packing... we do not tolerate detector bashing. Some members owned the detectors he decided were junk...

Sad, but he is a grown man and did walk on the edge some. Our admins keep this forum free from heated arguments and differences of opinions. Helps keep the "friendly" in Friendly Metal Detecting forum.

Nobody likes to see their detector make and model bashed.

Sad, but he is a grown man and did walk on the edge some. Our admins keep this forum free from heated arguments and differences of opinions. Helps keep the "friendly" in Friendly Metal Detecting forum.

Nobody likes to see their detector make and model bashed.

Yea,I forgot about the bashing..Good guy otherwise tho, just passionate about his rigs

I got along good with calabash for awhile, then he started getting WAY TOO into his biased videos, right about the time the deus came out. It was the best machine money could buy! Then the equinox came out, and THAT was the best machine ever made! Then he said something along the lines of he would rather stay home than use a Garrett detector (or something to that effect) :laughing: I stopped watching after that, and will continue to do so...

He did not wish to play by the forums rules so he was sent packing... we do not tolerate detector bashing. Some members owned the detectors he decided were junk...

I don't think I read any of his posts. Aren't honest opinions of ANY product welcome ? Whether good or bad , as long as it's truthful from experience? So people can make an educated decision before purchase ? Why would someone's feelings get hurt after their purchase even matter ? Or was he an evil , bad person coming down hard on a particular product , I don't know.

Some people get really geeked up over a product. I really like my new Nox that I've had about 4 months now. Is it better than my White's PI ? I'm still not sure. Own a few scoops. Including Stealth. But some issues are there that people should be aware of. Owners , previous owners , consultants , managers ,etc really don't have all the facts at times regarding the goods and services they sell. That's why reviews are so important. In any business.
But if someone is totally being vulgar , one sided and myopic , on a "friendly" site , I certainly understand. But not at the expense of a few overly sensitive wimps whose feelings get hurt. Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me !

I don't think I read any of his posts. Aren't honest opinions of ANY product welcome ? Whether good or bad , as long as it's truthful from experience? So people can make an educated decision before purchase ? Why would someone's feelings get hurt after their purchase even matter ? Or was he an evil , bad person coming down hard on a particular product , I don't know.

Some people get really geeked up over a product. I really like my new Nox that I've had about 4 months now. Is it better than my White's PI ? I'm still not sure. Own a few scoops. Including Stealth. But some issues are there that people should be aware of. Owners , previous owners , consultants , managers ,etc really don't have all the facts at times regarding the goods and services they sell. That's why reviews are so important. In any business.
But if someone is totally being vulgar , one sided and myopic , on a "friendly" site , I certainly understand. But not at the expense of a few overly sensitive wimps whose feelings get hurt. Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me !

Look... we have no time for troublemakers... he tried signing up with another name to troll the forum... we will not tolerate that nonsense here... wanna follow him... go find him because he hasn't been here in months and we will not allow him to comeback.

Look... we have no time for troublemakers... he tried signing up with another name to troll the forum... we will not tolerate that nonsense here... wanna follow him... go find him because he hasn't been here in months and we will not allow him to comeback.
I don't recall reading his posts. I'm not one of those "followers " on here. But I do keep an eye out for really educated posts. Or ridiculous ones I can laugh at !

yeah! he liked to "disparage" a long time detector manufacturer that was "respected" for many years! lots of guys swear by those detectors!..found 'em a ton of stuff over the years! i'm one of them! i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I got along good with calabash for awhile, then he started getting WAY TOO into his biased videos, right about the time the deus came out. It was the best machine money could buy! Then the equinox came out, and THAT was the best machine ever made! Then he said something along the lines of he would rather stay home than use a Garrett detector (or something to that effect) :laughing: I stopped watching after that, and will continue to do so...

he went after the "little guy" that just "croaked! shame! shame!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

yeah! he liked to "disparage" a long time detector manufacturer that was "respected" for many years! lots of guys swear by those detectors!..found 'em a ton of stuff over the years! i'm one of them! i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

You talking about the Garrett's ? Well...I think all the major long time manufacturers have great machines in their respective manner. Most offer a beginner or kids model that ain't the greatest , but all of them offer solid higher end detectors.

Back
Top Bottom