• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My first Silver, but it wasn't a coin.

BB67

I wish my first Silver was a coin. If it wasn't going to be coin then I'm glad it was this bracelet. It was a fluke because this park is trashy. After moving and finding nothing but pull tabs, can slaw, and bottle caps I began just digging random signals. It was that bad. This signal was an iffy one at best bouncing from 50s, 90s and 70s. I pulled the plug and found foil right in the center of the hole. Then I pin pointed a 1969 nickel at about 4". The I run the pin pointer around the plug and balled up in the side at about 3" was this 21 gram silver bracelet. I'll take it. BTW, didn't find anything else except anther nickel(1964), 2 zincolns and a 1940 Wheatie.

Attachments

• IMG_20190817_184457.jpg
    IMG_20190817_184457.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
The clasp made it's way through the crack in the link. I just slid it through and applied pressure. Probably going to drop it off next Saturday at my Jewelers. Have it soldered.

Last edited:
I wish my first Silver was a coin. If it wasn't going to be coin then I glad it was this bracelet. It was a fluke because this park is trashy. After moving and finding nothing but pull tabs, can slaw, and bottle caps I began just digging random signals. It was that bad. This signal was an iffy one at best bouncing from 50s, 90s and 70s. I pulled the plug and found foil right in the center of the hole. Then I pin pointed a 1969 nickel at about 4". The I run the pin pointer around the plug and balled up in the side at about 3" was this 21 gram silver bracelet. I'll take it. BTW, didn't find anything else except anther nickel(1964), 2 zincolns and a 1940 Wheatie.
It would have to be a really special coin to be better than that bracelet in my opinion. Good job finding it. A lot of folks would abandon the hole after the foil.

Cliff

Congrats on your Gucci link silver bracelet nice!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the compliments. It has some small spots, but they're pretty thin. It also has some small dings. Cleaned up pretty good. I'm happy with it. Took awhile to find any silver.

It would have to be a really special coin to be better than that bracelet in my opinion. Good job finding it. A lot of folks would abandon the hole after the foil.

Cliff

Just about every hole had 2-3 targets. Usually one high tone and a couple of iron nails, bolts, or screws. I'd pick them up with the pin pointer. I switched over to all metal and really was amazed at how many signals there were.

Back
Top Bottom