First SLQ BUCKET LISTER!!!!...and shes a beauty!

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
Went back to the fairgrounds again last night with a hunting buddy to see what other delicacies might be found. After finding clad pennies, dimes, and quarters in random sweeps, I came across a 31-32 signal on the NOX. After digging down about 3", I saw the edge of the shiny. I called my buddy over for the extraction saying "be an SLQ!" over and over again....and sure enough!

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

A 1926S SLQ! :wow:

I just sat there staring at it for a few minutes in :shock: to let it sink in. This is the 7th silver Ive pulled out of there within a couple of weeks, and a bucket lister Ive been hunting for for a LONG time. Next: find a seated.

Thanks for looking, and HH!

Nice job congrats!! That is a really nice SLQ! Clear date and all!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Outstanding find Tommy! You wanna find OLD coins? You’re in the best place to find them. Keep going, these places do NOT disappoint! One of the best SLQs I’ve seen dug yet...

Nice find....great condition....congrats!

Thank you

Those SLQ's are nice coins. Congratulations!

Thank you

Congrats on a readable date SLQ!!

Thanks NC

Love them slq's, nice one congrats!

Thanks, Ive been looking for a long time

beautiful coin. Congratulations!

Thank you

Dated SLQ, hard to get!

Thanks

Nice job congrats!! That is a really nice SLQ! Clear date and all!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks, Ben

Outstanding find Tommy! You wanna find OLD coins? You’re in the best place to find them. Keep going, these places do NOT disappoint! One of the best SLQs I’ve seen dug yet...

Thank you. I hope so. I know others who hunt here in town, but not almost everyday like I do. The fairgrounds date to the 1890s, so there could be something older than expected. The grounds are wrist breaking rocky so the coins arent too deep.

Congrats on digging your first Stander...that's a nice one and a excellent find!

Thanks Cap'n. Having a good looking date was a major plus!

That is a beautiful Coin Tommy, tremendously fine condition. Congrats on the bucket lister with the SLQ, hope it's not a long wait for that first Seated. Trapper

The mint recessed the date starting in 1925, so the dated quarters after 1924 are more common. Note, I said "more common", not "common". SLQs are always nice. I wish I could find one, rather than having to buy them at auction.

-- Tom

Back
Top Bottom