anyone in or around Horry County, SC ?

New to the game but know some decent places to hunt, just hoping to find someone to hunt with. Thanks

yep im in horry county...only been here a couple of years tho and the beach is always the answer I get from folks...im a dirt guy and cant stand all the tourists on the beaches so consequently I have only been out twice in TWO YEARS for less than 30 min total...I hate the sand...give me dirt and or woods ….so if you have someplace to go other than the beach I would be HAPPY to go along...even split my finds with ya for letting me hunt your spots :yes:

I've done enough field work in Horry County to tell you with all honesty...

Learn to beach hunt..

Inland is a lost cause.. Between fire ants, chiggers(known as red bugs in Horry), venomus snakes, and the fact that no money has been had, spent, or lost away from the beach is more than enough to stay away...

Just a Michigan opinion of Horry County, same for Pender, and Duplin.

Do eat at Holland's Shelter creek..

<°)))>{

The right property might yield civil war relics. Of course there are coins to be found also on the right properties.

The right property might yield civil war relics. Of course there are coins to be found also on the right properties.

yea but whos back would one need to scratch to get on a decent spot for civil war relics? most guys who find those spots don't share much :( lol and I understand completely ….

yea but whos back would one need to scratch to get on a decent spot for civil war relics? most guys who find those spots don't share much :( lol and I understand completely ….

You would have to do a lot research to locate the spots and then to determine who owns the property. And after all that work you ask permission and hope that you don't get told to get the H off my property.

I sometimes gain permission, Sometimes I am told I was thinking about getting a detector (Nice way of lying to keep from saying NO) and sometimes told to get off my property. It is all part of the hobby.

There is a group in Charleston that for a Fee ($100.00) will include you in a hunt on property where they have paid for permission. Too rich for this old man.

yea too rich for me also...I would be happy just to find a patch of old woods and just hunt it in hopes of possibly finding something...I used to have a couple of hunting buddies back where im from who for some reason designated ME as the one for doing the research...one of them passed away and I moved to south Carolina shortly after that..but for years I was the RESEARCH guy and to be honest...I just want to hunt now...I don't care if anything at all happened where I hunt....im happy with just hunting even if there is nothing to dig but as I have found in the past.... there is ALWAYS something to be found in those spots and now that im old lol ..I don't care what it is as long as I find things... besides that im too darn old to be digging a thousand holes a day anymore...im way more selective in what I dig now days hahahah

Sorry, been out of the metal detecting scene for a while now but ive got the itch again. Ive researched historical maps and found a few places id like to explore , ok with just trudging through the woods as well. Ive only beach hunted twice but didnt find anything more than pull tabs and clad. Once it cools off though i plan on trying again, its still enjoyable if nothing else but a nice diamond ring would make it alot better lol

Back
Top Bottom