Back to the field but no more coins found

Splix76

I tried a new area of this field last week and the targets were much fewer and far between. I didn't find coins, but I did find two spoons. One listed as "nickel-silver" and one is silver plated.
spoons.jpg

I suspect these spoons were lost during the construction of a canal which goes through this field, that was done in the early 1900's. The silver dollars I found may have been lost from wages paid to workers digging the canal.

I am guessing of course, but I can't see another reason spoons this old are out there in the dirt not too far from where the coins were found. I am still going to hunt more of this field as time allows.

Nice finds. Nickel silver doesn’t actually contain any silver though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice finds. Nickel silver doesn’t actually contain any silver though.

Yeah, I had looked it up and discovered that it's an allow of 3 other metals. All these show is that there were people in this area eating which means more coin finds should be possible if I keep at it.

Yeah, I had looked it up and discovered that it's an allow of 3 other metals. All these show is that there were people in this area eating which means more coin finds should be possible if I keep at it.

Definitely, there’s bound to be more goodies there

Back
Top Bottom