** Fooled Again **

meggie

Elite Member
Well, the nice low tides started today, they'll get better throughout the week.
I did four hours today & boy did I dig a lot of targets .. found two small washouts, one high tide & the other near some rocks.

Found a few greenies, pendants, sinkers and the usual junk .. just dig everything.

AND .. one heart stopper! I just couldn't wait to get home and clean it up and check the stones.
It's 9ct and the stones, unfortunately, are CZ's . Still a great day out.

Attachments

• IMG_1086.jpg
    IMG_1086.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_1089.jpg
    IMG_1089.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_1092.jpg
    IMG_1092.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_1093.jpg
    IMG_1093.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 264
:dingding:Real stones or not that is a fine looking ring and an excellent score!

Nice chunk of gold! I would have had to leave seeing those stones..go home and set down.

Nice bit of yellow! I would rather have a good chunk of gold than a few smaller diamonds, usually just a hassle for my buyer to pull them out with pliers anyway...

Well, the nice low tides started today, they'll get better throughout the week.
I did four hours today & boy did I dig a lot of targets .. found two small washouts, one high tide & the other near some rocks.

Found a few greenies, pendants, sinkers and the usual junk .. just dig everything.

AND .. one heart stopper! I just couldn't wait to get home and clean it up and check the stones.
It's 9ct and the stones, unfortunately, are CZ's . Still a great day out.

Yeah, that would have KILLED ME. Knowing it was gold would have upped the odds a lot.

Does the fog trick work, where you are, on diamonds? (Breath on them, and if they fog, they're not real, as diamonds dissipate heat like crazy). Compared to a diamond, it's obvious. You might try it. Never had to wait on a home test to know if something was fake. Just make sure all dirt is off the stone before trying otherwise you can get a false "fake".

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom