...just surfed in

...and thought I'd say Hi.

I had a detector when I was a kid,about 30 years ago,I think it was a bounty hunter.I paid a whopping 63 dollars for it brand new.I used the hell out of it and probably found every can pull tab on the planet!

At any rate,I was just surfing around and found this place and it's giving me the itch to get another detector.Now to choose a model...hmmm

yes it was! :wow:

my model had 2 whole knobs on it also,1 for volume and another to adjust like squelch.From what I'm seeing now there's all kinds of bells and whistles! going to make a decision even harder.

1911 said:
...and thought I'd say Hi.

I had a detector when I was a kid,about 30 years ago,I think it was a bounty hunter.I paid a whopping 63 dollars for it brand new.I used the (edited) out of it and probably found every can pull tab on the planet!

At any rate,I was just surfing around and found this place and it's giving me the itch to get another detector.Now to choose a model...hmmm

welcome to the forum 1911... I think you missed a few pulltabs, I still find one or two now and then ;)

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, there is a huge selection of detectors out there. I would recommend spending some quiet time checking out the forum.

The trick is to determine a cap in your budget to spend on a detector. Then determine how much technology you want ... the more technology the more time you will spend learning, using and programming the detector. Then search for detectors within your budget that best suit your needs.

You may bery well intend to get out a lot to detect, but finding the time might prove difficult. Your patience level will play a part as well. Choose the detector that best suits your needs now. You can always upgrade.

Good luck in your search for a detector and HH!

Welcome to the forums. I hope yu do get back into the hobby. The detectors today are outstanding. :yes:

...thanks for the welcome!

can anyone tell me why I'm having problems finding any pricing info on whites detectors? seem like most places who sell them dont give a price or even show you them??? event Tony's place,when you click whites you get a generic "about us page."

The answer is....Whites does not allow most dealers to advertise on the web , in magazines or any other national form of media. It is a condition of our contract with them. You can be either a cataloger or "local dealer". There are benifits to both. Whites can be sold to anyone by any Whites dealer , its just the advertising part that we cannot do. In the long run I feel that Whites is losing their market share because of this but its the rules we have to follow.

Back
Top Bottom