Dowsing

wishooter

Elite Member
Has anybody tried Pendulum Dowsing for MDing sites?
Pendulum Dowsing for Oil, Minerals, Missing People, and Treasure.
Has been around for years and is still being used by some today.

So my understanding of this would be to get a Plat Map.
Lay the Map out, swing it over the area I wish to hunt.
Think Silver Coins and when it stops, that's the spot to hunt.

Or does one walk around an area with Rods and when they cross.
Turn on the MDer and start detecting the area?
I heard Dowsing and MDing go together.

I've witnessed two Coat Hangers find a Sprinkler Line underground.
This was at work with the Groundskeeper looking for a Line.
The Coat hangers crossed, 2 feet down was a 2" Line unmarked.

Believe it or not I had predicted (correctly) the birth date of my (then unborn)third son using a pendulum and a common wall calendar. My wife was convinced I was a warlock.LOL Don't know how it works but it definitely does for some. During WWll the allies used a sidereel pendulum to predict Japanese fleet and German U-boat movements with quite alot of accuracy..Using it for MDing could prove interesting.

I heard Dowsing and MDing go together.

I know a fellow who has detected for over 30 years, he claims he and a friend used a form of this in the early days. It took the two of them to lay a line with a form of dowsing equipment and once the line was established, one would walk it with a metal detector and they did find an old silver coin each time. They experimented with this to see if it would work and it did. But they did not continue with their experiments more than as a casual basis. The fellow who told me this was my old friend Bruce, his posts of old coins were used in many of the posts in that old Obtainable coin types thread here at this site.

This has been our experience with dowsing. The president of the RI Detecting club was doing this. Once in a field he showed us what he did. He walked around till they crossed and would mark the spot with something. The first spot he marked, then detected, and dug, there was a set of keys.

I'm thinking about buying a Pendulum and a set of Rods for next Spring.
I could make some, maybe the purchased ones have a little mojo.

It's funny, I thought this Thread would be off in left field.
I was unaware how common it was, and still used yet today.

This Dowsing site got me thinking.
www.makeyourowndowsingrods.com

Now in regards to what Detector said in his Dowsing Thread.
I do beleive he's on to something there.

After reading more about Dowsing and some u-tube time.
I can see where they do go together hand in hand.

You might not even know your doing it already unconsciously.
Did you get lucky? or did you want it so bad you made it happen!

The Dowser and the MD hunter can share the same methods while hunting.
Meaning, having Gold and Silver stained on your brain is gonna help.

Thanks for some of the sites.
MMMMMMMMM AHHHHHHHHHH I am now one with the detector......

This is gonna be a Long Winter this year!!!
PS I'll let you know next year how the Pedulum & Plat map hunting goes.

I watched my Uncle look for a water line with a dowsing stick and I thought he was joking around when it started twitching and then I watched the bark start popping off from the straight end, no where near where he was holding it.

That was a really strange sight.

I've always wanted to try out the dowsing rods tho.

Well, here goes. Feel free to call me a wacko. (I've been called worse!) Dowsing is quite common in this neck of the woods. We had a new well put in about 12 years ago. The driller dowsed to find the location. This is one of the biggest well drilling companies of the area. He used two probes shaped like an L. Can't remember if they were metal or wood. My grandfather also dowsed, though I never saw him do it. However, I remember his wooden forks that he used. Had a couple different sets, had to be a certain species to work best.

I'd have to agree with Ms. Epi-Hunter. I'd have to see to believe. If I didn't watch the guy before he sited our well, I'd be (more) sceptical. Curt

It is an interesting subject. I'm kind of with Epi in that I really need to see some proof before I believe things. That being said, I have seen the proof. Not just the guy who dowsed our septic tank, but the phenomenon I call the Force.

As I said just how many times can you call it luck before you start to think there has got to be another answer? How lucky can one person be? I make the suggestion that, be it through dowsing or whatever, some people seem to have a sixth sense when it comes to sniffing out the good stuff. Now I'm not talking about being at one with your detector and knowing who to use it, but being the one that always seems to walk straight to the good stuff. If you had an averaged size field with one good find, this guy will find it right off the bat.

From what I've read the idea behind dowsing is that people can naturally sense things around them, but over time/as you grow up you become numb to the sense. Dowsing rods are simply a physical device one can use to get in touch with that natural sense. If so, then why not a metal detector? And again if so, it is a skill that can be taught.

Well, afaik no dowser has ever been able to prove that dowsing works in a controlled experiment. In one particular case the dowser was unable to find a hidden gold ring although he was allowed to watch where it was hidden!
The usual explanation in case of failures is "There are unbelievers present so it cannot work".

Voriax

Some dealers in metal detectors do have many forms of this type of equipment advertized for sale. The ones I have seen are priced higher than the metal detectors.

Back
Top Bottom