Finally bought dedicated diggin' gloves...

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
After years of digging without gloves I am tired of dirty fingernails, cuts, calloused hands and torn up palms. After a lot of looking on AMAZON the last few days I went with the MECHANIX WEAR vented gloves.

When it's too hot to dig I spend too much time on-line and buy stuff...:lol::lol:

Anybody use these gloves? Can I expect 6 months of digging out of them?

View attachment 323212

Last edited:
They might hold up if you don't get them wet.

For whatever reason, gloves like that disintegrate quickly after a few wet/dry cycles.

This year I have been using cut resistant gloves from Home Depot, some type of Kevlar fabric.
I bought them for safety only to discover they are pretty durable.

I really like the gloves and they are as cool as can be expected in the Kansas heat. If they will last a while it is money well spent.

Hard to use gloves in the summer but know what can happen if not worn so
a necessary evil. Lots of rusty nails and glass in those holes ready to bite.

I buy white cotton gloves by the bagful. $1.00 a pair and lightweight. Comfortable in hot weather. And they fit either hand!! They don't stay clean very long but they last about a year. Easy to work with too. I can easily pick up a dime while wearing them.

I'm weird with the glove thing. I don't like the bulk and sweat but I don't like bare hands in dirt either. In fact I wear a glove on my non-detector hand only to move around in the dirt and leave the other bare so less wear and dirt on detector. And I use these cheapies that breath pretty well.

http://www.harborfreight.com/nylon-knit-gloves-with-nitrile-palms-x-large-66376.html

I am a bit ambidextrous though. So probably a little unique in my ways.

My first couple of months MDing I couldn't stand to wear gloves. After winter hit the only other option was frostbite so I started wearing them. Now even in the heat I feel naked without them, not to mention I'm not spending 3 hours trying to get the dirt out of my knuckles.

These are working out great. Cant believe I went so long without using gloves!

Back
Top Bottom