headphones or pro pointer?

kompa

Im short on cash and i am going camping this weekend. Im jumping in the water with my at pro for the first time. I am getting a water scoop for sure. But idk what is more important, at pro pointer or water headphones.
Mostly i do land hunting and use a bullseye 2 but that thing takes me a long time to recover targets thats why i want this. And i live about 40 min from beaches so i do go occasionally there so i think thats where i would use the headphones.
What do you guys think?

I don't do water detecting but I don't think the ones that do use a pinpointer when there waist deep in the water. All the vids I have watched on it shows them pinpointing with the detector then scooping. I'm sure someone with better advice will pop in this tread.

I've found that I never use a pinpointer water hunting. That being said, a good pinpointer on land is invaluable in my opinion. I hunted the first year with my ATP in the water using the stock headphones, getting as deep as my shoulders an just being cautious not to get the headphones wet. Worked fine. And, if you've never hunted in the water before you'll spend some time knee to waist deep learning to recover targets by guesstimate. I got waterproof headphones for Christmas and have only gotten them a little wet this summer. Unless you're a clutz or like to dive for targets then I'd say a good pinpointer is more useful. I got my amphibs for peace of mind and those deeper targets that would get my ears wet. Good luck with your decision.

Thanks guys and yup BENTROD thats the same mentality i got. I have no plans of diving so probably shoulder depth is a max. I think ill order tonight.

well i got the at pro pointer. havent tried it out in the field yet.. i will hold off on headphones for now. looking into dry sand scoop and a different coil for beach.

Back
Top Bottom