Wireless headphones

weston777

Elite Member
I picked up a set of TDK premium wireless Stereo Headphones TH-WR700 and I'm really impressed with them nice clear sound no delay at all they use a different tech called Kleer better than bluetooth however they are still using 2.4 gHz freq. they are on Amazon right now for ~$80 they just went down in price because they have been discontinued. They are well worth the price. one thing they are shipped from japan and they say free shipping with no tracking but there was tracking and I had to sign on delivery delivery time was less than 2 weeks. The phones are really well made and light I hardly know they are on my head. I have used them in both my detectors and they are great. highly recommend.

Man I would love to go wireless..... But $80 is steep for me at the moment. Thanks for the info though, I need to research the topic overall. Hate the wire!

Man I would love to go wireless..... But $80 is steep for me at the moment. Thanks for the info though, I need to research the topic overall. Hate the wire!

Depending on what you have in your junk draw, you can go wireless for about $40. Meaning if you have a set of FM head phones or a pocket/Clip-on FM radio, a set of head phones or ear buds.. All you need is the transmitter and maybe an adapter ..
See below post for links to the products I am using with great success.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showpost.php?p=2331895&postcount=7

I picked up a set of TDK premium wireless Stereo Headphones TH-WR700 and I'm really impressed with them nice clear sound no delay at all they use a different tech called Kleer better than bluetooth however they are still using 2.4 gHz freq. they are on Amazon right now for ~$80 they just went down in price because they have been discontinued. They are well worth the price. one thing they are shipped from japan and they say free shipping with no tracking but there was tracking and I had to sign on delivery delivery time was less than 2 weeks. The phones are really well made and light I hardly know they are on my head. I have used them in both my detectors and they are great. highly recommend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu5QfPejfYo

OHH those are nice I like the size and hard case. they are a little pricey at almost $140us and probably pretty high shipping from the UK. but nice none the less.

Depending on what you have in your junk draw, you can go wireless for about $40. Meaning if you have a set of FM head phones or a pocket/Clip-on FM radio, a set of head phones or ear buds.. All you need is the transmitter and maybe an adapter ..
See below post for links to the products I am using with great success.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showpost.php?p=2331895&postcount=7

That really add's weight and clutter to the detector . Each to his own I guess but that wouldn't work at all for me. the TDK's are really nice easy to use and are coming down in price. below $80 right now. the Deteknix Wireless Headphones are nice but you're talking ~$160 after shipping from the UK. The TDK's are light use AAA and sound great. they are my go to's, Nice try at do it yourself though.

OHH those are nice I like the size and hard case. they are a little pricey at almost $140us and probably pretty high shipping from the UK. but nice none the less.

i would have to say being detenix, the wireless HP's will be available in usa as well...they sell the x pointer here so.....i asked the guy who did the vid review...he said there was no delay either

I read the Deteknix will be in the US in a few weeks (yea sure if you can find them) for about @ $140.00, that's a bit high, but they look well built and battery life is supposed to be 6 hrs. Not too outrageous to go wireless.

However they look a lot like my GetDiggin set I currently have (which are a lot like the rapoo H3070 with a headset very much like the Deteknix). Rapoo H3070's run $40 - $50 on amazon. GetDiggin no longer sells these I believe. My issue with my GetDiggin and the Deteknix is that the batteries are lithium ion, sealed in the unit. I get about 4 1/2 hrs use on the headset. If the batteries die(as in burned out or wont recharge), and my transmitter battery did die, the set is a tosser. I was lucky and figured out how to bust the GetDiggin transmitter open. I ordered a generic battery on ebay for @ $7.00 and soldered it in and taped the case closed. Not everyone has the skills to do this. If the GetDiggin headset sealed battery goes I may be stuck as I haven't yet been able to figure out how to crack the battery side open to replace it. If Deteknix has engineered a way for the consumer to replace the batteries (unknown) when they eventually fail (all batteries do), they would be a great way to go.

All that being said the TDK TH-WR700's are a deal at less than $80 now on Amazon. They used to be $160 before they were discontinued. Many users in the forum like them and say the work great. My guess is they will be a bit better quality than my current GetDiggin set, with at least as good as or better sound. What I like about them is they run on AAA batteries, if they go dead during a hunt, I can pop in a new set of rechargeables and be right back in service. I plan to buy a set now at $80 and watch for the price to drop further maybe for a backup!

Thanks Weston777 for pointing out the price drop.:goodidea:

Update placed my order tonight, just gotta wait for delivery!

No problem JWalker3 let me know how you like them when you get them. The one small thing that I don't like is the over ear as apposed to the around ear they tend to fall forward when I bend over they are so light on your head. I have a set of the AVRIO wireless and they don't have this problem. I just don't like the built in battery on the transmitter is why I bought the TDK's. the solution is to slide them down around the neck when bending over to dig no big deal. the TDK's are well made though and comfortable. And as a real plus they really sound great plugged into my iphone listening to music. full spectrum sound !

My TH-WR700's came in 10 Days with free delivery from Japan. Same place you reviewed them Weston777. I took them out today and they are great! alot more clearer and louder with a fuller sound than the rapoo style. Almost like a wired set. Actually dug about 50-60 targets, mostly clad and some pulltabs.
I am looking forward to not having to quit digging just because my wireless headset goes dead!

Anyone with $80 -$100 really cant go wrong setting up a wireless headset if they have a 1/4 or 1/8 audio out jack on their detector.

If the price drops more I definatly will get a backup set. If not I understand TDK is coming out with an updated model THWR800. It will sell for around $160.

Back
Top Bottom