(Random Posts) After Jan 18th and before Sunday Jan. 25th

msand

Elite Member
Post the Most Contest by: ScubaDetector... Well, After Jan 18th and before Sunday Jan. 25th at 10pm, you have to post at least 20 times. Well here is a place to put some of your random 20 posts. The post here can be about any topic or subject and can even be off topic. Just play nice and keep it G rated.

Not all of your 20 post have to be in here. This is NOT a place to add to your post numbers. (EDIT: In fact read the messages below, this thread may not add to your post count). For the complete contest rules see this link:

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=206152

but posts here in the EE section won't increase your actual post count number up there by your name. i'm not sure if that matters for that contest or not. :?:

First a BIG thank you to ScubaDetector for the contest!

Good point 007tallguy!

The contest does not say you have to post any one place. To satisfy the contest rules you must post numbers (20 times), this is just a place you can post just as you can post in any other thread on the forums. Post at your own free will but you are dead on 007tallguy, you need to show the numbers.

My current count:

Attachments

• Post1.JPG
    Post1.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 221
My current Post numbers after this post:

Attachments

• Post1.JPG
    Post1.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 215
but posts here in the EE section won't increase your actual post count number up there by your name. i'm not sure if that matters for that contest or not. :?:

I just learned something! you are correct. I did not know posting in some Forum Threads do not add to post count. :?:

I just learned something! you are correct. I did not know posting in some Forum Threads do not add to post count. :?:

yeah, that's what i meant, so you may want to check with Scuba on that. i think he's got a GREAT contest on the go there, but if you post 20 times in this section, it's not going to show on your profile. :no:
of course, the date/times of your posts ARE showing here, so maybe anything here will be still ok with him since they can be verified. :yes:

I was going to move this thread for msand to a specific forum to gather count for Scuba's contest, but then thought better of it. I believe the idea is to get members to post more about their hunts or to help others. This can and should be done through out all the sub forums except this one (FF) and the Classifieds and I think the Contest sub forum itself. Make your posts in Stories, Beach, Coin Shooting and just about any other sub forum. Offer advice and tips. There are many ways to contribute to the Forum as all of us have different experiences and knowledge!

I was going to move this thread for msand to a specific forum to gather count for Scuba's contest, but then thought better of it. I believe the idea is to get members to post more about their hunts or to help others. This can and should be done through out all the sub forums except this one (FF) and the Classifieds and I think the Contest sub forum itself. Make your posts in Stories, Beach, Coin Shooting and just about any other sub forum. Offer advice and tips. There are many ways to contribute to the Forum as all of us have different experiences and knowledge!

Ron,
That's a good way to say it. I had that in the back of my mind too. This was and is a learning experience for me. I agree. I am glad I started this thread because it puts light on this.

Figuring out how many posts anyone has in the time period is easy...
Simply click on their avatar in any post, then click the 'Statistics' tab,
then click the 'Find all posts by so-and-so' link. Voila! That shows the
last 25 posts, including post date and time. It even shows part of the
text in the post, so he can see if there's nonsense posts. There's also
pages (25 posts per page) at the bottom right. Plenty of history.

So ScubaDetector can easily verify the winner when the contest is over.
Find the closest guess, check their post history, announce the winner. :D

Last edited:
^Pointless post... Would not count!

Ya, you could say that. I would rather see us post like Ron suggested. I am almost certain Robert wanted it that way. I did learn something by starting this Thread and I hope others can learn from it too.

It was the right thing to do by starting this Thread and not post all this stuff in ScubaDetector's Contest Thread.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=206152

If I pick number 21 for my 20 post and someone picks 21 for there 20 post can we tell who made the edit first?

If this come up one of the Moderator could see the date time right?

If I pick number 21 for my 20 post and someone picks 21 for there 20 post can we tell who made the edit first?

If this come up one of the Moderator could see the date time right?

have a look-see at post number 9 of this thread where Swing-a-ling did an edit. you'll see right at the very bottom of his post, the date, time and reason for editing.
BUT: you HAVE to make sure you add your "reason for editing" or else that date/time won't show up on your post! i've edited posts of my own where i didn't include a reason and nothing showed at the bottom like that indicating that i've done any editing.

Pete

edit: i just added an edit to this post, so it should show across the very bottom under my sorry looking sig line, lol. ;)
the date/time of my original post are at the top of my post and the date/time info for my edit show at the bottom. :yes:

Last edited:
well i didnt have the screen shot but b4 i started my first post today i had 280.
Scuba rule said that no smiley - only resonable post will count. so like this thread, a reply here should be okey as long as poster dont just post a smiley...Scuba wants us to interact by giving or opinions anywhere in the forum. well that what i understand from his rule. :)

Teknetics just posted in their fb page the new G2+ in a Shot show 2015 no further details about what is being added.

Back
Top Bottom