Been Taking A Break! Today's Gold and Silver

Cupajo

Elite Member
From my last gold find of 6-15-13 I hunted 36 hours without a hint of gold in my sifter.

I hunted 8-27-13 for the last time until today as workload, family commitments, and life in general got in the way of my desire to water hunt.

Since I live near my hunting grounds I have been monitoring the shifting sands watching for a chance to hunt when exposed areas would allow for a greater possibility of success.

44 degrees F. with water temps in the mid-40s, thermal undies, 7Mil neoprene waders and a nylon wind breaker with a hood would keep me comfy in the misty rain so I decided to gear up and go water hunting.

At noon today Diablo, Mr. Dual Field and I wadded into Long Island Sound and started recovering deep targets from the sandy bottom where the sand had been too deep to find much of anything the last time I hunted there.

3.5 hours later I had recovered 9-copper cents, 2-clad dimes, 5-clad quarters, 1-nickle, 3-bullets, the end of a silver spoon handle, a Merc., a Standing Liberty quarter, a silver ring, a junk ear stud, and a 27.7Gram, 10K universty ring from 1960.

39 targets recovered for a total.

It feels good to be able to share this with you Friends,

CJ

Attachments

• Finds 12-2-13 002.JPG
    Finds 12-2-13 002.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 613
  • Finds 12-2-13 004.JPG
    Finds 12-2-13 004.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 614
  • Finds 12-2-13 007.JPG
    Finds 12-2-13 007.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 618
Love life ring

I found the exact ring in the Gulf. I thought it was silver , but no marks. A friend thought it was pewter. The Be Brave on the inside looks carved by an amateur.

Congrats on a successful day of hunting. That class ring is a 'honker' for sure. It's always nice to find both silver and gold, and you DID! Good luck on future hunts. : )

Great to see you getting out and hitting a huge score. I see you didn't lose your touch either.

Great ring CJ,and always a good story,congrats,im still waiting for my first class ring

Killer ring CJ....glad to see you post again. Hope your next hunt is as good as this one....take care.

Welcome Back CJ, that is a honker for sure,,,,,that would be a great return if you could find the owner,,,,I am not one who goes too much out of my way to find the owner but I would on that one,,,great work,,,,GL HH

This is the first class ring I ever found without any name or initials engraved inside. Guess it's mine!!:D

I've returned a few over the years so I guess it's about time for me to get a keeper!!:yes:

WTG Lew!! Like that big class ring, shame no name....:yes:

Back
Top Bottom