Question: Sharpening the Lesche

Dflan83

Elite Member
Hey fellow diggers! I've had my Lesche tool for about a year now and it has become dull with all the rocks and hard dirt that I use it to dig through. I was wondering if any of you ran into the same with your digging tools and wanted to know if you have sharpened it and what to sharpen it with. I'll just assume a sharpening stone should work fine.

Second question, if you travel to local parks do you take the lesche tool or a screwdriver? The Lesche looks like a knife sometimes and I dont want to be accused of having a deadly weapon :P

Thanks

Use a file to sharpen it. A stone would take a long time to put a edge on it.

A digger looking similarly to a knife is one of the draw backs. :shock: In parks and schools I would use something that looks more like a hand shovel.

When I hunt where it matters, I carry a screw driver, plastic hand shovel and a Fiskar. I only use the Fiskars when I hit a hard spot. I don’t dig in super hard ground. This is a hobby to relax at, not brake a sweat to dig up a pull tab. :tropical:

I use a regular sharp shooter to dig with in the woods or fields. :digginahole:

thanks for all the advise. I'll stick to my screwdriver or simple digging tool for the parks. It's just that the edge on the lesche works great for digging half moon plugs that don't leave a trace behind

In parks I carry an 18 inch square piece of vinyl shower curtain that I put the dirt on while digging. While walking around I keep the Lesche in my left hand, wrapped in the vinyl piece so the blade can't be seen.

I've never had any problems at parks using my lesche.....now maybe if I was walking around with it in my hand without a detector It might raise some concern :lol:

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 272
never had a problem in parks with my lesche either...I carry it on my belt in its sheath...take it out when needed only....most of the time you never even see it...the tool is made to conform to most states rules....cant be more than 1 1/2 inches wide and no more than 6" long blade...I havent had to sharpen mine as of yet...works great.

If hunting somewhere the leshe draws attention stick the sheath down in your pocket before threading your belt through it. The sheath is really what draws attention (looks like your carrying Arkansas toothpick), not so much the bright red round handle, as it just looks like a tool of some sort. Check your local knife laws on having your jacket cover the handle while doing this, used to be illegal here but now we can conceal a sword, or switchblade since july.

Back
Top Bottom