Whites M6 advice

jtindover

Started MDing with a F2 and added a Tesoro Sand Shark for the beach. Love my Sand Shark. However I want something for dry/wet sand that will still be a all around good machine for fields, parks and home sites. I was initially thinking AT PRO however the M6 caught my eye. Anyone have any feedback on the M6?

My M6 has never been near salt water yet but I will try it later this year. I'll say this about the M6...it has proven to me that it is likely the best coin shooter Whites ever made. I run a V3i but when I want coins exclusively, the M6 reigns. It is fast and precise. I look forward to trying it at the ocean beaches and switching on the switch for salt. martin

I hunt with M6 Mike and from what i've seen he gets good depth, It's turn on and go. He hunts inland lake beaches without any problems. If your going to wade then i say go with the ATPro and don't worry about it getting wet. Opens up hunting in the rain also. Myself, i feel the Pro is the better machine but Mike would argue that with me.:D He did get a 1940 merc today at 8 inches which speaks well for his M6.:cool:

I hunt with M6 Mike and from what i've seen he gets good depth, It's turn on and go. He hunts inland lake beaches without any problems. If your going to wade then i say go with the ATPro and don't worry about it getting wet. Opens up hunting in the rain also. Myself, i feel the Pro is the better machine but Mike would argue that with me.:D He did get a 1940 merc today at 8 inches which speaks well for his M6.:cool:

Garretts doesn't state that the ATPRO is a salt water machine. The M6 is though. martin

I run the beaches every weekend with my M6. It is one of the best coin and jewelry detectors i've owned. In the salt setting it makes the transition from dry to wet sand without a whimper. Great machine

for what its worth I would just step it up a notch and get mxt pro

thats what I was looking at first. However I am on the beach all summer long and sometimes I cant get in the water with Sand Shark. So the beach tracking really got my attention on the M6. Being able to transition from dry to wet sand is a plus.

Just flick the TRAC toggle to Beach and ground balance as you get towards the salt water, it'll go wahhh-wahhh-wahhh and when it gets quiet again you're good to go. I find it easier to do with the 6x10DD. The M6 loves 14K jewelry but it's equally hot on silver coins, I found a 1964 silver dime on a beach that is heavily hit by other detectorists. As you move away from the wet part of the beach you can move the toggle back to the white triangle, On and re-balance.

The M6, MXT and MXT Pro all have the same TRAC toggle so all you have to do is weigh budget vs features.

There are some HEAVY beach hunters on here that love the Minelab Sovereign Gt, might kick that idea around a little..

There are some HEAVY beach hunters on here that love the Minelab Sovereign Gt, might kick that idea around a little..

Even used out of my budget. I have used my buddies GT a few times. M6 about the same price as a AT Pro. I think the M6 can keep up with the big boys on a divorced dad's budget LOL!

Check out whites coinmaster gt,.....cheaper than a m6, plus it has a 'beach' mode,...from what i've read on it perform's better than the m6.:D

Back
Top Bottom