what detector is better?(for my uncle)

edgarlild

Forum Supporter
hi guys i introduced one of my uncles to metal detecting. he has a fat wallet and wants to buy a good detector. he had a garrett ace 250 and wants to upgrade. he cannot decide between a whites dfx 300 or a fisher f75. he knows both detectors are awesome all around but he cant decide. he asked me to ask the forum members on what they think. thank you guys for all the support.

Out of the 2 listed, I've had both and they are both excellent detectors. The F75 was less intimidating to learn if you're into tweaking settings..but both can be pick up and go detectors. Depth would go to the F75 and the DFX would probably have the edge in jewelry...just in my opinion. Both of them were prone to EMI in areas I hunted in.

If he's got a fat wallet, there are many more options available. Have him stop by a dealer or a local club and check out other offerings. You can't pry my Etrac silver wand from my hands!

i didnt ask for minelabs or nothing, just the dfx 300 or the f75. if you have no experience with either machine please dont comment.

My dads f75 is awesome I love it because it has a really big screen and has great depth, also it comes with a 5 year warranty and it feels really good in your hands though its a tad heavy

DFX or V3i he can't go wrong as both have turn on and go programs installed and when he gets ready the sky is the limit as far as adjustments to dial into a particular site for getting the most out of the ground.Ken

I think it's great that you are helping your uncle. I'd be happy to have a call with you and help answer any remaining questions. I've been at Kellyco for 9 years. We are the oldest and largest Metal Detector dealer in the world-in business for over 50 years. Happy Hunting!

How bout a minelab, tesoro, or garrett???? Ive played a bit with my uncles dfx and liked it, seemed versatle. I used an F75 for a short hunt once and it seemed ok, but felt like one drop & it might break into 26 pieces. Def not for people who are rough on units like me.

I am very strong.......

and believe me.......I can't get over how much heavier my DFX300 with the 12 inch coil seems to me after a couple hours. I bought a 9.5 and a DD Eclipse to lighten the darn thing up. It has a weight of only 4.6 according to White's but my XLT never gives me a problem with it's weight while detecting. I really enjoy using my DFX300 with the lighter Eclipse 6X10 DD. The push and go programs and versatility of use with custom programs is a lot of fun. To me it was a new detector and seems I had to get use to the sounds and signals and you wouldn't think so, but I did. White's is great with the warranty and I have to admit, I buy from Kellyco, and I have no experience with the Fisher units. So, I am completely unbiased in my opinion. :roll: :lol: Regards, Good luck with your purchase.

Hey Joe B........

I think a Fat Wallet is different than having deep pockets. Now, I have a fat wallet what with my union card, lottery tickets and receipts and the like. :D Then of course if I had DEEP POCKETS, I would have bought a V3i. So, I understood your helpful comments about other machines. Regards, Mike :yes:

I know nothng about F75.....

and that looks like a heck of a good deal at $625. Poor guy has to give up the hobby. Good looking unit and he seems like a nice fellow. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom