unscientific poll of members on line tonight that I recognize as frequent posters

In Atlanta we have been in a similar situation with the heavy rains since November 2018. Our large lake north of Atlanta is way over full pool and the dam has been letting out water at record levels every day for past two months.
One of my prime permissions is in a flood plain along the river and has been a swamp for the past two months.

It is all Alabama's fault because when I look at the weather radar map, all this rain comes from Alabama. Definitely one of the wetter winters and spring in the southeast except maybe Florida and Florida is really not the south.

What were you talking about then?
Blanket statements seems is your forte without explanation.

Your so defensive about that nox that I just don’t get it.Its a electronic for Pete’s sake.I said,a person who buys a 600 is more likely to get a lot more use out of it vs a person who buys a 800..Reason being a lot of people buy the more expensive model of anything as a status symbol,when people buy the affordable version they’re more likely buying it to use and not just for a prop in theyre signature.
I never said one was better than the other,or even got into the settings or adjustments of each unit..It was a simple everyday comparison of who buys what and for what reason.
Now,I hope that is enough of a explanation without sugar coating anything.

Your so defensive about that nox that I just don’t get it.Its a electronic for Pete’s sake.I said,a person who buys a 600 is more likely to get a lot more use out of it vs a person who buys a 800..Reason being a lot of people buy the more expensive model of anything as a status symbol,when people buy the affordable version they’re more likely buying it to use and not just for a prop in theyre signature.
I never said one was better than the other,or even got into the settings or adjustments of each unit..It was a simple everyday comparison of who buys what and for what reason.
Now,I hope that is enough of a explanation without sugar coating anything.

I am not defensive about any model detector.
Just trying to understand what you were implying with your statements.
And guess what I still don’t understand after reading the above.

So assuming you are correct above.
Person who buys Etrac users their detector but a CTX purchaser doesn’t use theirs hence a door stop.

I just don’t believe this whatever you want to call it.

You should have bought the patriot detector then vs F75, hence younwould have been a hunting with it vs being couch tater with your F75. Lol

Silly as all get out!!!!! :realitycheck::realitycheck::realitycheck::

Tnsharpshooter,there’s a lot of releases coming out,and your running out of room in your signature..I’ll buy that explorer xs from you if you want to free up some space..Let me know,

Last edited:
Since this has, as usual, turned into a "Mine is bigger than yours" thread I am moving it out of General. :no:

Tnsharpshooter,there’s a lot of releases coming out,and your running out of room in your signature..I’ll buy that explorer xs from you if you want to free up some space..Let me know,

Make an offer.
I bought for a collector unit of sorts.
I don’t use much.
Has good backlight.
No rechargeable battery p.
Does have battery tray and I have owners manual somewhere. Has the stand that allows bigger headphone jack to be used.

Might be better to talk more via pm.

A true Nox 800 story. I pulled a Standing Liberty quarter out of a spot around a pecan tree that has been hunted to death by Etrac, CTX, AT Pro, and me with Nokta Impact with even the small 7"x4.5" coil on it. I have been there with all three of us swinging around that tree at once. My first hunt there with the Nox I got a good high tone and a 32 on the VID. Dug the plug and started pulling out nails with the pin-pointer. The quarter was in the bottom of the hole about 6" deep. How the Nox pulled off that feat with a correct ID in those nails is beyond me, but it did.

This is just one example. I could give others. My silver scores in these very trashy spots went up when I started using the Nox. I thought it was all hype, but swinging one for a few months in very trashy places made a believer out of me.

Timing is everything, this is as good a time and place as any. A friend of mine did some research and found an old town founded around the turn of the century. I could not make the first hunt so him and another friend of ours hit this old park. The friend found 4 Barber dimes, 1 mercury, indian, and wheats while my friend that did the research found nothing. Two weeks later we go back and i take the ctx and etrac and others and nox, the original friend that found nothing the first time and i both find nothing in the first 2 hours. I used the ctx with 17 inch because he said other friend found all 8 old coins deep on first trip. I found a few clad pieces and nothing else. I was using an open screen combined , ferrous coin. I used etrac with 7 inch coil that i had been killing it at home at a spot i been hunting when i don't have much time. Found a couple pieces of clad and nothing else. This is a very tiny park about the size of a large yard. I asked what was the other guys secret to find those 8 old coins? He said Nox digging jumpy but good number repeatable faint signals. So i pull out my Nox 800 and within 2 minutes recover a mercury dime. Two hours later i had a barber quarter, barber dime, 2 mercs, 2 buffalo nickles , 1 indian and many wheats. All 7 to 10 inches deep.

So all told in 2 trips nox 18 old coins, several machines including ctx and etrac 0 old coins. Trashy and bad soil? I honestly have no idea but i know what i am seeing here with 3 different detectorists on this small spot. I do not have a answer that anyone is going to like and i did not mention all detectors used , all i know is what i am telling you because if i had not been involved i would not have believed it. I think it might have been just too trashy for the other machines. I wish i had it on video but when i found the Barber quarter i called him over to tell and show him what kind of signals i was digging hoping to get him on the board with some good coins. He checked the spot and told me he thought it was a nail. The look on his face was priceless as i uncovered a 1900 barber quarter at 8 inches.

I honestly left that park today wondering if i need to unload some detectors. We know others have recently hunted there as well as we found some recent holes that had not healed. I know if i go back , i will only be taking one detector and i bet you can guess which one it will be.

Timing is everything, this is as good a time and place as any. A friend of mine did some research and found an old town founded around the turn of the century. I could not make the first hunt so him and another friend of ours hit this old park. The friend found 4 Barber dimes, 1 mercury, indian, and wheats while my friend that did the research found nothing. Two weeks later we go back and i take the ctx and etrac and others and nox, the original friend that found nothing the first time and i both find nothing in the first 2 hours. I used the ctx with 17 inch because he said other friend found all 8 old coins deep on first trip. I found a few clad pieces and nothing else. I was using an open screen combined , ferrous coin. I used etrac with 7 inch coil that i had been killing it at home at a spot i been hunting when i don't have much time. Found a couple pieces of clad and nothing else. This is a very tiny park about the size of a large yard. I asked what was the other guys secret to find those 8 old coins? He said Nox digging jumpy but good number repeatable faint signals. So i pull out my Nox 800 and within 2 minutes recover a mercury dime. Two hours later i had a barber quarter, barber dime, 2 mercs, 2 buffalo nickles , 1 indian and many wheats. All 7 to 10 inches deep.

So all told in 2 trips nox 18 old coins, several machines including ctx and etrac 0 old coins. Trashy and bad soil? I honestly have no idea but i know what i am seeing here with 3 different detectorists on this small spot. I do not have a answer that anyone is going to like and i did not mention all detectors used , all i know is what i am telling you because if i had not been involved i would not have believed it. I think it might have been just too trashy for the other machines. I wish i had it on video but when i found the Barber quarter i called him over to tell and show him what kind of signals i was digging hoping to get him on the board with some good coins. He checked the spot and told me he thought it was a nail. The look on his face was priceless as i uncovered a 1900 barber quarter at 8 inches.

I honestly left that park today wondering if i need to unload some detectors. We know others have recently hunted there as well as we found some recent holes that had not healed. I know if i go back , i will only be taking one detector and i bet you can guess which one it will be.

Exactly! While not on the exact same scale as your example I have been pulling deep silvers from places with the Nox that have been worn out by all the top detectors with the exception of the XP Deus.

There is a certain amount of satisfaction pulling silver from places others have just about given up on.

All I can hope for is when the magnetic poles shift (they are hinting at that could happen soon) I hope it moves all the silver coins from up north to down south. Which will now be up south and down north.

Back
Top Bottom