* Another Good Day *

meggie

Elite Member
I hit the beach this afternoon and after only a few minutes there I was approached by a young Lady.
She said she had just lost her wedding ring and could I help her .. so off we went!
She showed me a small area just above the high tide mark, basically on the dunes.
I gridded the area thoroughly for maybe 20 minutes but was unable to find it.
I'll try again next time .. if it's there I'll find it.
So back to business! Right on low tide, I came across a nice gutter, about 19m long & 3m wide about knee deep. Here I scored a few old coins .. the best an 1874 penny and an 1885 shilling. This spot will be worth watching after any big seas or storms!
I worked my way up a little from the low tide and was rewarded with this 9ct band.

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 279
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 276
:dingding: Congrats on the yellow but I love those 100+ year old coins!

Now there are a couple oldies...

That area would definitely keep an eye on. Some would say a waste of time but would hunt that area both shallower, deeper (if possible), then along the shore in both directions... Using where you found the coins as a "starting point/base camp..."

If that made any sense... If you can get deeper either with a different coil or machine, I would try that as well. The odds of two coins that age being that close in dates near each other... Something to consider.

Back
Top Bottom