Digging VA with Coinwhisperer & JD

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Took advantage of CW’s invite to hunt a 1700s homesite in VA.

Picked up JD and made the 3 1/2 hour drive to meet up with CW at his colonial site. We hunted/dug hard for about 8 hours on Saturday. We didn’t get any period coins, but all got a few period relics. My take was 3 flat cuff buttons and part of a shoe buckle frame. I also got a few wheats. Saturday was tough on this old man. Headed for the hotel for a shower and some sleep. Made my best find of the day 30 yards from the hotel...Great Wall Chinese Restaurant. Cheap, hot Chinese food improved my spirits drastically!

Day 2, Sunday, CW hooked us up at a massive 1910 Brick Estate with a large yard. Got a great variety of finds from this “hunted out” spot, [emoji23]🤣[emoji23]🤣[emoji23]🤣[emoji23]

I got silvers 5-7 FTY; 1937 Merc, 1942 Merc and 1964 Rosie. I also picked up a Sterling whatzit. Anyone has a clue about the Sterling piece please let us know. I picked up a nice 1937 Buff and some wheats as well.

There must have been plenty of kids at that home because like CW I picked up a nice toy soldier. I also found a nice lead toy car (not a Tootsie) and a couple play coins.

On the way home JD was in the knock zone so we looked for an awesome permission. About half an hour before dark we rolled up on a huge 1860 Brick home. JD put on the charm and scored. We only had about 20 minutes before dark at this amazing site. I found a nice old ring that had an amazing patina and the 1897 V Nick. JD picked up a Merc and some early wheats. We gave the owner the ring and asked if we could come back...yep!

It was nice of CW to put us on a couple great spots! Looking forward to our next hunt. We had a blast!

f191ddc58e4494b0da0302e141f950ac.jpg

f05cff2f6f065ec431e1d5a7a7a580e9.jpg

9ef7b5ab37171f08916b34a64646a3f1.jpg

91752db28bfa8d009eec6b2b60177208.jpg

fc478c6cd815fce1e58c214d1a21cf63.jpg

5df2088778733991f9d47f7de4e68cae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol!! I told you guys I didn’t hunt it hard lol!!!! I had a blast and we can do it again soon!

Jerry sounds like you had a fantastic time and Vic was a great host. Some very nice digs and a great adventure with forum friends. It don't get any better than that. Congrats! Trapper

You killed it man,looks like that deus cleaned up.Thats a lot of good targets.

It was a great trip. I’m dialed in on my Deus Lite.

Lol!! I told you guys I didn’t hunt it hard lol!!!! I had a blast and we can do it again soon!

Lol, just pulling your chain. Thanks again.

Fun stuff and congrats on the nice assortment of finds. I like that shot penny.

Thanks Jam. That shot penny is very nice.

Jerry sounds like you had a fantastic time and Vic was a great host. Some very nice digs and a great adventure with forum friends. It don't get any better than that. Congrats! Trapper

Thanks Jack. It was a great trip and Vic put on the southern hospitality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh man I'm jealous, great hunt, got to hunt with some great guys. Were you thinkin' LC ? I love the stone and brick work on that building. You are a lucky dog! HH Mark

Looks like an awesome time!

Well worth the drive:yes:

Yep, good times. Thanks mat.

Oh man I'm jealous, great hunt, got to hunt with some great guys. Were you thinkin' LC ? I love the stone and brick work on that building. You are a lucky dog! HH Mark

Lol, yep, that trip was all about my white whale...a freaking large cent.

Congrats on the silvers, other coins and the relics...some good digging!

Thanks Captain. Definitely some good times.

Road trip, great hunting partners, Silver, Large Cent, Awesome toys. I mean really, does it get any better then this ? Great Job, Congratulations !

Road trip, great hunting partners, Silver, Large Cent, Awesome toys. I mean really, does it get any better then this ? Great Job, Congratulations !

Thanks jerr-man!

Back
Top Bottom