Taco sauce

YARDBYRD

Read somewhere that Taco Bell taco sauce works for cleaning coins. I tried it for a few minutes and it was a deffinate improvement as you could then read the date on the penny. I think if you let it set longer it might do better but i was in a rush at the time.
I'll have to go back and experiment with t a little more. They said it was the combination of the salt a vinegar that done the trick.

When I was a teen... a long long time ago I worked in a bahery and we used lemon juice and salt to clean the copper kettles and it worked great...

WThesing, from what I read they tried every ingredient in the taco sauce to find which where responsible for the cleaning. Individually none of them did well. They narrowed it down to these two ingredients as it was the only combination that worked. I would still suggest NOT cleaning any coin you thought would be of value. I just posted this a possible aid to clean clad. It seemed to work OK for the short time I left it on there, I'll experiment further and see what happens. Then I'll try to post a pic of the difference

Maybe its the acid from the tomatoe base. Have tried ketchup on wheat pennies with some success , rub a little on the coin and let it sit and congeal for a few hours, then rinse, worked well on them all except the hardest packed cruddy ones....Made them taste pretty good too! :lol:

Jim

Makes me wonder.....(If it will eat crud from a penny ) what will it do to your stomach? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom