Digging tools

ben01

What is a good portable shovel or scoop that can fit into a backpack?

i can't really answer that for you since it's very seldom that i'll use a shovel, but a good place to find at a reasonable price might be an army surplus store.

This I what I use when i am in the woods .. I think its a better design then the us version that you have to twist the knob around .. washer always the weak spot .. this one has a button that you push in and then rotate the head let go of button and locks in .. the leather sheath is very easy to get it in and out ..

just one it is kinda heavy .. but it hasn't let me down yet http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ger...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item419943c356thing

Hard to beat a 18" Sampson as strong and lightweight and will fit in a backpack. Ball or "T" handles available.

Surplus military shovel such as the one Dragonfire posted.

I have the M43 American shovel and yes it is seized. :lol: Still a great shovel though.
It's been seized since the war, but if you got a "new" one and kept the threads clean, it may not be an issue.

Surplus store or the camping department at a sporting good store. I bought a cheap shovel at Academy, and that is exactly what I got. So, look for quality as well. You don't want to pack to the middle of nowhere, find a target, and then have your shovel fail.

search 'entrenching tool' on ebay

folds in 3, $15 bucks shipped

get a grinder and narrow the blade to taste...

Attachments

• c26-B001JQ5YJ6-1-l.jpg
    c26-B001JQ5YJ6-1-l.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 229
Back
Top Bottom