Anyone Familiar With This Mark ?

Nice ring!! It looks Art Nouveau in style to me, 1900-1930s. The stone looks a little purple to me to be a ruby, and definitely not a Burmese one. Is the color true on your last photo??

My guess would be that it is a garnet which was a popular
stone back in the days.

Amazing looking ring, congrats metal detectists wives are the happiest. No telling whatcha gonna bring home from the giant jewelry store.. Congrats again...

Last photo looks more like amethyst, but if there is a lot of red in it it could be a garnet. Garnets scratch more easily than amethyst, and the ring shows wear where the stone doesn't. Gorgeous ring.

Last photo looks more like amethyst, but if there is a lot of red in it it could be a garnet. Garnets scratch more easily than amethyst, and the ring shows wear where the stone doesn't. Gorgeous ring.

Good point on the scratches! There are however very pink garnets, and OP said second pic was more like the true color that was made me think garnet.

Amazing looking ring, congrats metal detectists wives are the happiest. No telling whatcha gonna bring home from the giant jewelry store.. Congrats again...

I second that,,,,,,I don't have to buy the stuff anymore she never knows what she is getting next,,,,,,:roll:GL HH

Back
Top Bottom