x-terra 705 vs mxt pro

The beauty of the 705 is being able to tailor one machine to perform multiple tasks. Tailored for gold, lead, or other low conductors it would have one of the five available 18.75kHz coils on, while tailored for silver, copper, or any other high conductors it would have one of the three available 3kHz coils on.
The four available 7.5kHz coils are for general purpose use, or when soil conditions aren't condusive to utilizing one of the other frequencies.

At a site like his that's infested with trash objects, one of the eight available DD coils or the 6" 7.5kHz concentric coil would find more than the 9" 7.5kHz concentric that he's hunting with. Likely the three 15" DD coils would not do as well as the smaller ones at picking through the trash. My personal choice for his site would probably be the Minelab 6" HF DD(for gold) and the Coiltek 6" LF DD(for silver/copper).

Get used to the detector. Then use 4 tone and all metal mode. Search hi tones for a while. Dig 30 to 46 tones and 8 to 24 but not on the first pass. I dig hi tones first then swing the same area from the other direction and dig low tones and pick up the hi tones now reveled. Good luck and register the warranty asap.

For some reason , the 705 is one of the 1st detectors i wanted when i started out in this hobby . I'd still like to have one , but , the thing that scare's me off , and this is coming from an obviously experienced 705 user , as you can tell by his finds , is the phrase " register the warranty asap "

For some reason , the 705 is one of the 1st detectors i wanted when i started out in this hobby . I'd still like to have one , but , the thing that scare's me off , and this is coming from an obviously experienced 705 user , as you can tell by his finds , is the phrase " register the warranty asap "
Actually, he hasn't owned a Minelab detector of any sort for over a year, and has never had to send one in either.
The fact is, that the Xterra line in general has had fewer issues than just about any other machine regardless of manufacturer. Minelab as a manufacturer is on par with most other electronics producers, in that they suffer infancy component failure at a rate that is constant with all other electronics. Barring that, they last just as long and are as trouble free as most any other.

You must not have read his current signature:?:
Yes I did. You just misunderstand what I wrote. He hasn't owned a Minelab of any sort for over a year, meaning that a year hasn't passed since he bought his first one. He is still within the first year of Minelab ownership.

Back
Top Bottom