cant get coil off at pro

Dflan83

Elite Member
ugh I'm changing the stock coil for the 5 X 8 and I cant seem to get the stock coil unscrewed. Is it safe to try and use a pair of pliers to get the coil off or should i try something less abrasive.

this is my only gripe about the detector. those of us with larger fingers cant seem to get to the coil jacks easy

That would work...

Maybe you could use masking tape on the collar to keep it from being marred by the pliers...

Just in case... The collar need to turn counter clockwise looking from the coil end....

<*)))>{

did I mess it up?

_8h8ttn0IlgUVitQVx1J-7CPmgUiJZnf45dunzft8go=w87-h154-p-no

You didn't mess it up, except cosmetically at this point. I have done the same thing to my adapter. If it gets so tight you need pliers in the future and you do it again and again and again, it could strip off all the grooves and eventually make it non functional, but it should be fine as it is now.

You could email Garrett and tell them you had to use a pliers to get it off. Send them the pic and I bet they will replace the end for you or send a new one.

thanks for the info I wrapped the 5 X 8 coil adaptor in electrical tape so hopefully this wont happen. I think the fact that I last used the other in water had something to do with it getting so tight

Back
Top Bottom