AT Pro headphone adapter fits too tightly

V95

I purchased the 1/4 inch headphone adapter for my AT Pro about 6 months ago. Finally got around to setting up the Auvio wireless earbuds. When I tried to screw on the headphone adapter, I needed to use a needle nose pliers to tighten the ring that holds the adapter onto the detector. Even with the pliers, it wouldn't tighten down all the way. It functions just fine not tightened all the way, but this just doesn't seem right. I needed moderate pressure to tighten with the pliers and it was definitely threaded correctly (it wasn't crooked).

Anyone else experience this?

I can't remember where I bought it. Should I send it in to Garrett?

Thanks,
Bill

I have to agree with this. I shy away from changing the headphones or the coil too much because of the way that they fit so close to the control box. Its very difficult to get a good snug fit and I am always worried about over tightening or not enough. I suppose Garrett customer support would address this issue if something happened since it was their design.

That is my one and only complaint about this detector is the position of the coil and earphone inputs.

Back
Top Bottom