• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Recieved my new Minelab Profind 25 today

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Never even used a pin pointer until this season and have exclusively used the Garrett Pro Pointer.
I have heard a lot about the Minelab Profind and posted on here earlier in the week looking for a used one, had a couple used ones offered but then received a message from a vendor with a smoking price on a new one so I pulled the trigger.
The Pin Pointer arrived today and I had the chance to get out for a few hours. What I did was when I found a target at let's say 6 ", I would dig a 4"-5" plug and see if the Garrett picked up the metal. If It did not I would try the Minelab and see if that would pick it up.
What I found was the majority of the time the Minelab would pick up items at a greater distance than the Garrett. The Minelab also had a much brighter light BUT the Garrett had a louder tone and more pronounced vibration than the Minelab. I will have to put it through the paces a little more but I am still pretty partial to my Garrett Pro Pointer right now.
The best find of today never needed the use of either pro pointers, A 92-93 on the VDI of the AT Pro at 2 " and out popped a nice Walking Liberty half!

My Propointer is starting to get bad about beeping for no reason, again... If it's following the same path, should be needing some great customer service, for the second time, in about 2 months, as it will be completely useless.

The Profind sounds nice, except the higher price. Haven't read many posts about quality issues. Not so loud, is a plus for me, even with the speaker hole taped, the Garrett was louder than I needed, or wanted in some places. Not sure about the vibrations, just need to feel it, the woman can get her own toys...

Really kind of looks like I'll be using the Centech mostly this season. Does what I need it to do, but kind of a fragile case, it needs extra care and consideration. The Garrett was kind of an expensive disappointment, and not to eager to pay for that pain again. The Profind seems reliable, might give it a try eventually.

Back
Top Bottom