Minelab X-Terra 505 vs Garrett AT Pro

Do it!!!

well guess I'm going to run the idea of a 705 past the Mrs and see how hard she hits me ... if it's just leaves a bruise I'll probably order one tomorrow :laughing:

Man a bruise? No problem:roll: I'd take a concussion from my wife if it meant I could get another detector:lol: but sadly I think she would probably break both my arms while I slept so all I could do was look at it sitting in the corner:laughing:

SD

If you want a package deal I would call Larry at NWI. Most of the other guys are out of the Garrett PP's and won't deal with you. At least that was my experience.

wow was looking at the manual online and there is going to be quite a learning curve
Exactly why I told you to go Download Randy's FREE E-book!
It's an easy read, written so us mear mortals can understand, and it WILL impact your "learning curve". You need to read it, then go play with your machine, then come back and read it again, and go play some more. Stick your nose into the book every time that you have a question after a hunt. In no time you'll be pulling the goods out of all your old sites.

Exactly why I told you to go Download Randy's FREE E-book!
It's an easy read, written so us mear mortals can understand, and it WILL impact your "learning curve". You need to read it, then go play with your machine, then come back and read it again, and go play some more. Stick your nose into the book every time that you have a question after a hunt. In no time you'll be pulling the goods out of all your old sites.

found it and read it the first time ... just a lot to remember

... just a lot to remember
It is.
The difference between what's in the manual and what Randy put in the book, is that the manual is a basic operations manual, while the book is a users guide that explains it all. If you want to reference how to turn certain features on or off, or how to reset factory settings, then the maual will give you all of that. The book is more for finding out what the Offset feature does and what it can do for you, or for an explaination for why and how frequency changes affect target bin width segments, etc...

I have both computer files and hard copies of the manual and the book, and I reference them according to what I want to refresh in my failing memory. But for cutting the learning curve, the book is far more useful than the manual. Until you have the machine in your hands there is only so much that you will read and retain. After you receive your 705 and start using it, the book helps answer questions that will arise, and makes it all understandable by tying various aspects together and explaining funtional relationships.

Out of the box all you need to do is Noise Cancel, Ground Balance, turn on the Tracking feature, and start swinging (slowly...not like it's a weedeater). You can add complexity as you become more familiar and feel the need. But to start with, keep it simple, and keep referring to the book after each outing.

GL, HH, and WELCOME to the Xterra family!

Congratulations on buying the most under-rated machine on the market. It will amaze you.

Brought another one back from the dark side:grin:. Good job Longhair:yes:
Seriously though, there really isn't that much of a learning curve. With auto GB and NC ,half the start-up battle is done for you.You will love the 705.:yes:

Brought another one back from the dark side:grin:. Good job Longhair:yes:
I did nothing of the sort. I stayed out of this thread until after the decision to buy was made.

I really try to stay away from making new machine recommendations. For one thing, I get nothing out of it besides more competition in the field. And for another, I don't want to be seen as a shill for a peticular machine just because I own one (among others). I prefer to just watch, correct mis-information, and dispell myths about coil costs being a deal breaker, etc...

Back
Top Bottom