Bay of Dreams *The madness continues, post 92*

Night Three

Working with a borrowed Excal I went out and hit the Bay of Dreams for another all-nighter. Working the negative tide I managed to do alright again, though it wasn't quite as crazy as the last two hunts. It was the coldest night out there yet and it was a struggle to stay warm, especially in a drysuit with leaky cuffs. :mad: My gear on the beach was covered with frost when it was time to go! :wow: Still managed an 18k, a pt900, lots of silver and clad, and what I am 90% sure is a real diamond. Did some research on this company (Chrome Hearts, they are wildly popular in Japan and super expensive) and this exact ring is sold with a certified diamond or an emerald as an option.

http://www.kuromu.com/blog/page/26?p=wkruwvbukqkh

Here's some guy trying to sell his for 5 grand...good luck! :lol:

http://auction.item.rakuten.co.jp/11054265/a/10000072/

I did order a diamond tester today so I might wait until that arrives before proclaiming that I actually found a diamond...even though I found a diamond. :lol: Will keep you updated on that one...

Nightly totals looked like this:

7260 yen in clad ($81.43)
4.02 grams of pt900 ($186.65)
1.99 grams of 18k ($79.56)
110 grams .925 silver ($99.35)

Nightly TOTAL: $446.99

Again, I'm just keeping track of the 'value' of the finds at this particular beach just for fun. I don't hunt for the money...even with epic hunts like this I'm sure I'm still in the hole overall. :lol:

Anyhow, another great night out. My back, legs, and arms are absolutely destroyed but once again, it was worth it. ;)

P1020571_zps5d2fa404.jpg

P1020550_zpsa610cb55.jpg

P1020554_zps3ee25496.jpg

P1020558_zpsc2e2bccc.jpg

P1020565_zps857e2b2b.jpg

Well done once more:shock: I hope that diamond is real. Are there any carat markings on the inside? It certainly looks good from the pictures. It's interesting that your silver total value was more than that 18k ring. It adds up fast.:yes:

I went out last night too. It was one of those nights everything goes wrong.:mad: Now my excal is having problems (and it just out of warranty). I had the GT on hand but no headphones yet which made life difficult. My headlamp died and my backup was low on battery:roll:. In the end I did manage one small deep pt band with the GT.

Last edited:
Well done once more:shock: I hope that diamond is real. Are there any carat markings on the inside? It certainly looks good from the pictures. It's interesting that your silver total value was more than that 18k ring. It adds up fast.:yes:

I went out last night too. It was one of those nights everything goes wrong.:mad: Now my excal is having problems (and it just out of warranty). I had the GT on hand but no headphones yet which made life difficult. My headlamp died and my backup was low on battery:roll:. In the end I did manage one small deep pt band with the GT.

Sorry to hear of your troubles...I've had nights like that. ;) I'd say a pt band makes it all better eh though? :lol: Will hopefully be able to test that diamond in a week or so.

Nice that the dream keeps going on and on. Congratulations on finding a virgin beach and to work so hard to capture the rewards.

Sorry to hear of your troubles...I've had nights like that. ;) I'd say a pt band makes it all better eh though? :lol: Will hopefully be able to test that diamond in a week or so.

Yes, true.:yes: Keep us updated about the diamond!

The madness continues...

On a night when pretty much everything went wrong I still came out with a decent haul. Hit the Bay of Dreams again with the temperature hovering around 0c and within 20 minutes I'd lost the new coil cover off my new coil (it was too loose from Minelab). Then my hip mount snapped and I was left with the Excal kind of just hanging off my back. THEN my second (and brand new) drysuit was either leaking or experiencing condensation buildup because after 4 hours I was soaked and shivering. :mad: Not fun when I'm stuck at a beach in the howling wind with another 3 hours till first train...a bit scary actually. Had to call the hunt off and just did exercises to keep warm till the train came. :(

Anyways, enough of the complaining you say! I still managed to walk away with a decent silver count and also found a fat platinum ring as well. Was going to chuck the lighter like all the others I find but looked it up and saw it retails for about $650 so thought I might hold on to it and see if it could be restored. :D

Nightly totals looked like this:

2260 yen in clad = $24.42
7.96 grams of Pt900 = $395.25
141 grams of silver = $131.54

TOTAL: $551.21

90% of signals were very iffy and all targets were deep...no more easy pickings. These rings have actually already gone through the tumbler...they were all black when I pulled them out. Not as crazy as some of the other nights I've had here but still pretty darn good! :D

P1020635_zps18d4c44f.jpg

P1020645_zps8747a72f.jpg

P1020643_zpsf40e711a.jpg

Last edited:
Stewart, please start a new thread. Your newest post looks like someone dragged up an old thread so many won't read it. Fantastic finds, deserves a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom