Any Suggestions?

Msfishinfool

Well I found my first piece of jewelry..

A very tarnished silver bracelet with green rhinestones. :D
I was hoping to look in the archives (previous posts) for some suggestions on how to clean it real good, but alas all that wealth info seems to have dropped off with the move. :(

Can anyone recommend some kind of cleaning agent that you dip stuff into?
It has a lot of nooks and cranies for a tooth brush cleaning.

Kat

My 2¢ Kat...
I put a couple ounces of Hydrogen Peroxide in a cup, microwave for 2 minutes (when it's hot, it works better), take it out an' drop in what you want cleaned. Wait 'til the bubbling stops an' pat dry.
(...an' the HP is only about 50¢ a bottle! Goes me a long way.)

Yeah... I know my way around th' kitchen! 8)
(Craig... ya coulda at least used quotation marks on... domesticated. :P)

Thank you Guys!

I have some HP in the house... I'll try that and then hope to post a before and after.

:D

Kat

Krom, Diana is trying to domesticate me but... you know what they say... You can't teach an "old dog" new tricks :D

... 'til they get a ring in your n... ummmm... on your finger! :lol:

You know we hijacked this thread Krom ;) Diana is trying, I give her credit ;) But I am Italian/German and its going to be hard on her... Good thing she's younger than me :D

Its funny she wants a ring... I told her I haven't found one nice enough yet :lol:

The thread... yeah... the thread...
Sorry Kat. Sometimes I get easily strayed. :lol:
You'll get it back as soon as we see the before-and-after pictures. :D
(I can imagine th' feeling, Craig... I'm French-Scottish and Donna's Irish-Portuguese!)

Blah blah, Yak, Yak!

Maybe they domesticated you to much! :D

I forgot to micowave the mix first. DARN!

But now I don't think it's silver... I think they just put the 925 mark on it :(

I will try again... :yes:

Kat

I assume you've done it. :lol:
I got a little drain strainer in my sink, but I don't dump the contents into the sink, anyway. I use tweezers to take the coin out before cleaning out the cup. Try that for a change of pace. :D

Msfishinfool said:
Well I found my first piece of jewelry..

A very tarnished silver bracelet with green rhinestones. :D
I was hoping to look in the archives (previous posts) for some suggestions on how to clean it real good, but alas all that wealth info seems to have dropped off with the move. :(

Can anyone recommend some kind of cleaning agent that you dip stuff into?
It has a lot of nooks and cranies for a tooth brush cleaning.

Kat
IF IT IS SILVER AND JUST TARNISHED BUY A LITTLE CONTAINER OF TARNEX....THIS STUFF WORKS GREAT......JUST DIP YOUR BRACLET INTO THE TARNEX. IT WORKS INSTANANEOUSLY.

MAC IN EUGENE, OREGON

Back
Top Bottom