Close to home find?

In 2015 I found a 1944-S wheat cent in my back yard. House was built in 1989... some homes around here were built in the 60’s.

My first silver. 1938 Merc. Was the only silver and old coin in the yard.

The house I currently live in, was blt. about 1954-ish. I found a '44 wheatie in my backyard. Woohoo :laughing:

My house was built in 2005, and the clay that was excavated out for the basement was graded across our entire (tiny) lot which added about 10-12 inches to the original grade. Needless to say I didn't find anything really interesting when I hunted my yard - I was amazed that I pulled out a 1964 Lincoln Memorial cent from a couple inches down!

We built our house in 2003. I havent even hunted my yard. I'm sure there are some crusty zincolins that I dropped while hosing off my finds.

Years ago, my brother and I both got gold detectors, and planned a trip to go nugget hunting. The first day we got the machines, I did some quick reading, and maybe watched a video, but couldn't wait to go outside and try it out. My first target I dug was a pocket watch, right next to the driveway. Not a fancy one, but always a good "home find" memory.
Never did find any nuggets.

I hunted the yard of a house I rented for a couple years pretty relentlessly. The house was built in 1962, but it sat next a house built around 1890. I found

1 silver Roosevelt dime
1 Mercury dime
1 Barber quarter
2 IHPs
.58 caliber Minie ball

No complaints about what I found there!

The coolest thing I found in my yard was an old transit token from my area. No silver in my yard but every neighbors yard I hunted had silver in it, kinda ironic.

My house was built in the early 1960's. I found a couple of old hot wheel type cars from that era, and I found my first "real" silver....a 1946 dime.

I also found my first coin...a 1979 quarter

My house was built in 1960, crop land before that.
Found nothing old except a Model-T value stem cover with a 1927 patent date. It was months after I found it before someone here posted a picture of one and got an ID.

At a park nearby park about 2-3 minutes away I found my first and only wheatie: 1945. :woot:

picture.php

picture.php

I’ve lived in my house on 8 acres since new back in 1999.

The one time I hunted the front yard, I was showing off in front of relatives.
What do I pull up, but a silver Pandora bracelet!

One of the first couple of days detecting in my backyard, I pulled a small metal cold cream case by Valaze that dates to early 1910s.

My neighborhood was built in the 50s and my house was built in 1952. I found my first ever Merc there on my birthday last year. I've also found 4 small sterling heart charms with various designs on them, an old sterling seamstress scissor handle, a ton of wheats and a few shotgun headstamps.

My neighbors' yards have been super nice to me...7.5g 14k wedding band (returned to its owner), 1.5g 14k ring, large sterling mens bracelet, large sterling Army Air Force ring, sterling class ring, sterling ladies ring missing the stone, 20+ silver coins (Mercs, Rosies, GW's, an SLQ, war nickels) and well over 100 wheats.

My house was built in 1999

My first coin finds as a 1919 Mercury, 1934, 35 and a steel penny all with in 2 feet from each other.. also the ONLY coins found on all 5 acres..

but

not the weirdest thing there.. I found about 200 pieces of Artillery
fragments through out the property.. some large some small about 30+ lbs worth so far.. seems we were the a$$ end of a range back in the 40's.

Back
Top Bottom