Last two school house hunts

SteveMN

Forum Supporter
I went out today and froze my butt off in the process. The ground is starting to freeze so unless we have some warmer weather anytime soon I think this may have finally be my last hunt of the year. On Sunday I went to a very old one room school house and found the 1910 Wheat and 1907 IH. I added a picture of the two coins cleaned up and have to say the wheat is in the best condition of any wheat i have found when it comes to lack of corrosion. You can actually still see the glint of original finish to the coin. Today I went back to the school house where I found the merc and silver ring and ended up with a 1945d Wheat and a 1891 IH. I added pics of some of the other stuff I dug including all the shotgun shell heads. I found an old glass bottle top that had a root growing through it as I was digging the harmonica reed.

Attachments

• DSC00770.jpg
    DSC00770.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 367
  • DSC00773.jpg
    DSC00773.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 370
  • DSC00784.jpg
    DSC00784.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 366
  • DSC00786.jpg
    DSC00786.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 363
  • DSC00779.jpg
    DSC00779.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 359
Indian Head Penny

Nice coins Steve. How deep was the Indian Head penny???? I have found a few wheats but never and indian head.

Nice coins Steve. How deep was the Indian Head penny???? I have found a few wheats but never and indian head.

The 1891 I found today was at 7 inches and the 1907 was at around 4 inches. Usually I don't find many IH either but this year has been really good to me.

Sweet finds Steve. You've been pulling some mighty fine IH's lately.

Those were truly some nice finds. Most of the coins are in great shape. Maybe you will have some mild weather that will allow for more hunting. If not, you sure will have a good hunting place in the spring.:yes:

nice

sharp looking coins Steve . sorry about the frozen ground . try the woods anyplace with a good layer of leaves should be good for quite awhile , coinnut and i detected all through winter last year . boy was it cold ," yea i know we need some help"

Nice finds Steve!

Those one room schools don't usually give up many nice finds around here. Looks like you found a couple of good ones.

Thanks everyone! I think I am going to take del's advise and see if I can't hit the wooded areas before the freeze really sets in. I have a good site in mind that I may have to give it one last chance.

2 Nice Injuns!

THOSE ARE SOME NICE IH'S! USUALLY I DON'T GET THAT LUCKY TO PULL EM IN THAT GREAT OF SHAPE.USUALLY WHEN YA SEE THAT DARK GREEN PATINA UNDER THE LAYER OF DIRT YA KNOW ITS GONNA BE A NICE ONE.
CONGRATS AND YEAH GROUND IS FREEZIN HERE TOO SO:no:
DAVE

Back
Top Bottom