A Great So Cal 9 Silver Week Capped Off By A Barber Spill

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,
Hope you all had a great memorial weekend. I was able to get out for a couple after work hunts and most of the day on Sunday, then a couple hours on Monday morning. I found a total of 9 silver coins, 20 wheat pennies, a 1959 Half Penny, and a play dime token. The highlight of the week came yesterday morning. I had two or three hours to hunt so I decided to stay local and try a park I have had some luck at. I got a deep wheat penny signal and dug down around 9-10 inches and saw a flash of silver. It was a really worn 1897 barber dime which got me really excited. I then rechecked the hole and the pinpointer went off again so I dug around and saw another flash of silver which ended up being a 1907 barber dime. This was my first barber spill and finding turf barbers in Southern California isn't easy anymore so I texted a few buddies the good news and then called another buddy.

Also, I know how you all like the lawn mower chopped coins. The Rosie was a 12-43 at 5 inches on my Etrac which is normally a clad dime. The small piece of the wheat penny was 12-35ish at 6-7 inches.

The silver this week brings me to 119 silver coins for the year.

Jason

Attachments

• 2014 Finds387.jpg
    2014 Finds387.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 541
  • 2014 Finds389.jpg
    2014 Finds389.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 457
  • 2014 Finds388.jpg
    2014 Finds388.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_3804.jpg
    IMG_3804.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_3810.jpg
    IMG_3810.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 450
Another fantastic week for you Jason. Congrats on the Silver's, Wheat's, and the Half Penny. the only explanation (My Theory) for all the mower cut coins is you have a lot of great weather and everybody is watering the lawns so that means they have a need to cut a lot more often. Congrats! Jack

Jason, you've become an elite turf hunter....you're in the rarified air of the top treasure hunters in the US. You've mastered the techniques to find very deep coins the majority of hunters are not capable of finding. You're barber dime pocket spill at 10" is without a doubt the product of your dedication and passion to this hobby! Major congrats on a tremendous silver total so far this year also! As soon as I can get off the beach, we'll get out and do a turf hunt, and you can show me how to find those turf deepies again. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom