NOX Unveiled

Trashfinder

Forum Supporter
If you follow the forums , not just this one, on the nox, you will see very conflicting opinions on the Nox and where it stands compared to other machines. I think i might be able to shed light on that, especially when compared to the fbs machines.

I have a friend who absolutely does not like to dig a single piece of trash on any given outing. His favorite machines have been the Explorer and Etrac. He recently ordered a Nox and i told him not to take it when his name came up on the list, because he would just sell it, and buy another Etrac. Was i right? Yes i was, he had it a few days , spent maybe 3 hours and sold it. Why? He dug a few pieces of trash, he found 2 barber dimes on the brief time he used it. But it still was not worth it to him.

He likes to cherry pick with fbs, and really does not care if he left some nice goodies behind. Me and thousands like ME want it ALL!! So i know what some of you are thinking at this point, well if I am going to dig a few pieces of trash i can do that just as well with my Etrac, CTX, AT pro, F75 etc etc etc. And the point that me and some others are making here is that NO you cannot! I do not care what mode , what setting, what you do , you cannot make those machines unmask like you can the NOX. That is what makes the NOX so special, and where people like me say it obsoletes everything, because if you are willing to dig a few extra pieces of trash on any given outing you will be amazed what you have left behind in the past.

I dug this plug yesterday with the nox 800 and the pic shows you exactly what i saw when i turned the plug over. Did i find silver? NO, i got a 20 id and nice tone, recovery 8, park 2. The point is it could have been a silver and often times it turns out to be something good. Bottom line is there is not another machine that i have ever tested (and i have tested almost everything made) that would have notified me that there was a non ferrous item under my coil yesterday when i dug this plug!!

That guys is where the magic is! If you are willing to dig a few extra plugs on any given outing you will find goodies your other machines left behind. I hope this helps those of you who cannot get your mind wrapped around the NOX and what it means to the detecting world. When i say goodies left behind, i mean your old machine in any mode, setting etc etc etc will not show you what the NOX is trying to tell you, and this is with an 11 INCH COIL!!! Wait till i get my hands on the small coils for the NOX!! And the NOX will also match most machines that list for under 2500 dollars in depth capabilities all while unmasking like a dream.

Is the Nox perfect? NO. Depth meter is a bit unreliable when trying to tell you depth with multiple targets under the coil. Pinpointing i am have no issues with like some seem to do. Shafts? well some are unhappy with the mid market shaft style that the other manufactures commonly use on their machines. I am sure we will see somebody make some carbon fiber shafts for you guys eventually. Yes i can go on about a few nit picking things but that is not what makes a detector for me , it is what it can do for me, which at this moment of writing this thread, there is nothing else out there that can do what the NOX does (FOR ME).

Attachments

• cap and transformer.jpg
    cap and transformer.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 491
So what exactly is that square thing? A twist top and a ?

Nice explanation. If the Nox is seeing what other detectors are and more though, then there’s really not any need to buy another hence obsoletes...

Target composition?

What is the composition of each target item in the picture? Rather than make an assumption.

I have so many areas lined up for when my Nox comes. Places where the trash is so dense, you just walked away from in the past. The wait is killing me!

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

Great writeup, I agree, however I love my At pro and the Equinox I have pairs well with it to retrieve what my pro couldn't see.:yes:

Is that square piece a bit of iron?
It looks like it in the roots of the grass, so probably no more than a couple of inches deep?

It is hard to try to explain what is so special about the nox in words , but this picture is amazing! I turned the plug over and you see exactly what i saw!

Super glad your happy with your choice. I guess your friend prefers the FBS vs Multi IQ. Is your friend a Park Hunter? Does he hunt Silver or relics?

If he is a silver hunter I get his choice. It's hard to beat FBS on high conductors.

Very nice description of the advantages of the Nox. It definitely is making it's mark in the detecting world.

Yeah Trashfinder it works and works well. Speed 8 can catch some finds too. I have as well in super duper polluted.

There is a gent here who has hunted with me in this spot.
Under a monster shag bark hickory tree. With loads of iron.
I had been under this tree with everything I had owned. CTX, Etrac, Deus, impact. And tried with the mentioned detectors multiple times to find a coin under this tree. With as much iron I could hear from the get go, I just thought there had to be a coin lurking. Even small coils on some detectors too. There is some modern trash in area not a lot. This area not very big either, bare ground always exist under due to the acid fro the its or something.
Never ever had found a coin period under this tree. It sits a little ways from old house that was demolished a few years back. Just a place you'd think they would have tied their work animals resting them while they are lunch, etc.

So never a single solitary coin, here previously, mean never a signal that would tell me a higher conductive coins existed.

First trip under tree with Nox= bingo with 2 coins a copper and a merc dime. And the audio and id was there to support my digging the coins.
Speed 7 park 2 sniffed them out.

Yeah, I'm a big believer in Nox.
Saw some other wild stuff happening too in some of my sites using Nox.

Another adventure with Nox.

Same gent I mentioned above had been with me here in this site.
I am approaching 100 hours field time now with unit wearing stock DD coil.
Impressive unit.
With certain detecting scenarios, Equinox is fabulous.
Can do it seems what even some smaller coil setups can't. (Not referring to depth here either) Meaning targets are in depth range of smaller coils, yet they can't detect.
Can do it seems what even some other detectors and stock coil setups can't.

Versatile for what detector can do for even stock coil attached.

Just this morning, I was at a site where a gent watched me dig a 1916 Merc using Nokta Impact and smaller football coil last summer.
The real reason I was at this site this morning with Equinox.
This small section about 4 ft by 4 ft was of interest to me.

Equinox didn't disappoint either.
Two finds made, both deep too.
Like garret pinpointer length deep.
Area is polluted.
Area previously has has Deus both 9 and 11" coils over.
CTX both stock and smallest coil.
Etrac and 10x12 and 6x8 self coils.
White's V3i with stock coil.
Nokta Impact with smaller football coil.

Multiple multiple times the detectors above been over this 4 but 4 ft section.

Now this area, I can't dig just any nonferrous reported target tonally, digging is limited in this site.

Here is what was dug this morning in the small plot.
s4z59w.jpg

A women's rouge container(still has rouge in it).
And what looks to be some type of copper ring.
Both higher conductors and were actually air tested using Etrac.
Rouge container read IH coin range conductive number 34.
Copper ring reads 44 conductive.

Super tight signals with id climbing in the 20s on sweeps.

Head to head done on both undisturbed Deus and 9" LF coil- no cigar. Iron tones only in full tones, disc 6 pitch Notta,,tried a bunch of settings.
Etrac stock coil- totally SOL, nothing tonally telling me target even existed.

This is not the first time either this above has happened using Nox and doing head to heads.

I love running 50 tones using Equinox.
It is also my belief due to way Nox works, 50 tones application will allow a person to stop and take notice of targets (higher conductive) more masked yet detectable. The way audio tones roll. It makes a user put the brakes on and have a second look.

The 2 targets above found using speed 7 park 2. Iron bias 0.
Btw, this area contains some of the mildest soil in my area. 3 bars F75 indicated.

Super glad your happy with your choice. I guess your friend prefers the FBS vs Multi IQ. Is your friend a Park Hunter? Does he hunt Silver or relics?

If he is a silver hunter I get his choice. It's hard to beat FBS on high conductors.

He is a coin hunter, but just hates to dig one single piece of trash, although i can say he does even with etrac sometimes. He hunts old lots, and sometimes parks and schools. He also never liked the deus, impact , or any other detector that makes lots of sounds while unmasking. Just not his style no matter what he finds or does not find. I understand you have to hunt with what you like. But me i like em all that find me the goodies!

Yeah Trashfinder it works and works well. Speed 8 can catch some finds too. I have as well in super duper polluted.

I had been under this tree with everything I had owned. CTX, Etrac, Deus, impact. And tried with the mentioned detectors multiple times to find a coin under this tree. With as much iron I could hear from the get go, I just thought there had to be a coin lurking. Even small coils on some detectors too. There is some modern trash in area not a lot. This area not very big either, bare ground always exist under due to the acid fro the its or something.
Never ever had found a coin period under this tree. It sits a little ways from old house that was demolished a few years back. Just a place you'd think they would have tied their work animals resting them while they are lunch, etc.

So never a single solitary coin, here previously, mean never a signal that would tell me a higher conductive coins existed.

First trip under tree with Nox= bingo with 2 coins a copper and a merc dime. And the audio and id was there to support my digging the coins.

Impressive unit.
Can do it seems what even some smaller coil setups can't. (Not referring to depth here either) Meaning targets are in depth range of smaller coils, yet they can't detect.

Just this morning, I was at a site where a gent watched me dig a 1916 Merc using Nokta Impact and smaller football coil last summer.

Area is polluted.

Now this area, I can't dig just any nonferrous reported target tonally, digging is limited in this site.

s4z59w.jpg

Head to head done on both undisturbed Deus and 9" LF coil- no cigar. Iron tones only in full tones, disc 6 pitch Notta,,tried a bunch of settings.

This is not the first time either this above has happened using Nox and doing head to heads.

It is also my belief due to way Nox works, 50 tones application will allow a person to stop and take notice of targets (higher conductive) more masked yet detectable. The way audio tones roll. It makes a user put the brakes on and have a second look.

Btw, this area contains some of the mildest soil in my area. 3 bars F75 indicated.

Nice post! I wish i could do more head to head detecting.

Nice post! I wish i could do more head to head detecting.

Go up and read where the gent found the big Canadian half. A real find.
But notice what he says about the signal. Chopped badly- looks like he's using CTX too. And a half is a big azz coin. Wonder what it would have sounded like on a Nox?? I think I know. And only around 5" deep too.

I found a half one day down beside the porch in corner of an old doctor's office. My brother had shoved a Etrac in there just a few days ealier. He obviously did 't hear even with a 6x8 self coil on it. Deus just barely snagged it. Took high reactivty,,4" deep. 1936. Would have been a good one to put the Nox over. Just to see.

Impressive unit.

Area is polluted.

s4z59w.jpg

Did you try the Deus with the HF round coil? It is a serious upgrade for the Deus.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Did you try the Deus with the HF round coil? It is a serious upgrade for the Deus.

I have the round HF coil.
True, it does allow Deus to perform better in some situations vs using the LF coils.
But I have to hunt multiple times and use multiple freqs to hit some relics, even some coins.

Still not a modern trash setup coil I like.
In older sites where a person is in digging everything mode, a better performer.

ID gets messed up more with masking happening so not good for limited digging, like the Nox is.

I have the round HF coil.
True, it does allow Deus to perform better in some situations vs using the LF coils.
But I have to hunt multiple times and use multiple freqs to hit some relics, even some coins.

Still not a modern trash setup coil I like.
In older sites where a person is in digging everything mode, a better performer.

ID gets messed up more with masking happening so not good for limited digging, like the Nox is.
Maybe I will get mine (800) eventually, unless my buddy gets his before me and we run it through its paces. I think with the right program and the right operator though the Deus will give it a good run.

Maybe I will get mine (800) eventually, unless my buddy gets his before me and we run it through its paces. I think with the right program and the right operator though the Deus will give it a good run.

I have tested Deus and Equinox.

Some targets like modern trash partially masking higher conductors, Equinox for the most part does better exposing higher conductor tonally and with numbers.

Same for when iron enters equation.
Even the Equinox is some cases does better than the Deus wearing the smaller 9" LF coil.

The HF round coil, with lowest freq approx 14khz can't perform in the modern trash like Equinox can.

One thing about Deus. It's separation although reactivty can be raised (to speed up) supposedly when using lower freqs like 4and 8khz, it seems Deus separation advantage is really happening at the higher freqs or 12 and 18 kHz using LF coils. And Deus having tx power locked at 3 using 4 kHz sure doesn't help matters.

Even using Equinox 800 in single freq 5khz provides some smoking good performqnce in modern trash looking for high conductors (speed 6,7 and 8). Better than Deus does IMO using 4 or 8khz.

On 2 dimensional plane test Deus does well against Equinox, but when you enter the 3 dimensional world, deus starts falling behind ( tone and ID) on worthier targets. And we can add to this actual deeper solo sitting targets too.
I look forward to your reporting when you put through the paces.

That guys is where the magic is! If you are willing to dig a few extra plugs on any given outing you will find goodies your other machines left behind.

Common fact for any detector. Simple fact is IF you're willing to dig more trash, your chances of finding a missed goodie is fair.

I am the cherry picker for hell. I doubt there are many more pickier on not digging trash than myself. Loved the NOX for this reason. Before I used the E-Trac & Deus. Both made it easy for me to cherry pick with confidence.

The proof is in the pudding. I've had a fair number, who swore I'd be missing good stuff, bring their noise makers out to my sites. Not a single missed goodie for all their effort. Well, One guy did go home with a buffalo nickel I had missed.

Here is one example to show what I'm talking about as far as comparing the Nox and Deus.
Both wearing 11" DD coils.

dg45dc.jpg

Folks can see the clad dime beneath foil and square tab.

Using park 2, 5 kHz speed 7 Nox bust this dime. I see 22, 23 and 24 in the meter on sweeps. 50 tones run. I get tone higher telling me to put the brakes on.
I even went in and chose 5 tones and silenced all tid numbers up to 21 and can hit this dime with Nox. If I silence 22 number it gets sorta hard to hit.

Now Deus.
Using deus fast, I tried reactivty levels 2, 2.5 and 3, full tones, no way in the world Inwould know higher conductor exists, used 4 kHz, 8 kHz, 12 kHz and 18khz too,

So what I do next is went to 3 tone(dialed highest tone freq to highest setting) and tried to make Deus isolate tonally with high tone on dime.
8 kHz dime reads 84 solo.
So I dialed tones break back all the way to 70, and swept, no cigar,,meaning no high tone.
Next I went to 4khz.
Dime reads 74 solo.
I dialed tone break back to 60, again no cigar, no highest tone given.
I did try dialing tone break all the way back to 54, here Imget high tone glints of sound on dime. But this is dialed 20 points below actual clad dime setting.
And for gee whiz a zinxoln reads 60 on Deus using 4khz non normalized vdi selected. So I have to be set below zincoln level on this test just to get high tone on clad dime.
So in order for Deus to give highest tone here, tone break has to set set well below clad dime reading and in doing so, lots of junk will be trapped and signals will be rendered.

And for the folks who think this test since not buried is a bs test.
I have even done this test on buried like items, guess what?
Results the same as noted above.

Back
Top Bottom