Lets talk: Best All Around Metal Detector- High End Level

Sounds like the overall winner is probably the Deus, especially for those who hunt relics, with the Nox doing quite well for a machine that is still not in the hands of many users.

(I still vote for the Etrac, but I mainly hunt coins.)

Absolutely correct!

Sorry didn't see this post before. Really depends on what I'm doing, where I'm going and what I'm hunting for. The CTX and Etrac are killer on high conductors, like silver and copper, and do a phenomenal job seperating the iron from silver and copper when in Iron trash. The CTX i prefer over the Etrac i feel its more accurate in ID and falses less.

However I give the nod to the V3i in lower conductors. I'm not a Gold Ring hunter but from all I gather these two Minelabs aren't super Gold machines. I don't dig nickels with the Minelabs as it cant distinguish between pull tabs and nickels.

The V3i when set up correctly, I seriously believe is deeper than my Etrac, but ad a little iron in there and it can suck down the VDI to a point you may think it's trash and miss the good stuff.

To sum it up I'd pick my 3030, but I'm not saying it's the best for everyone in all situations, or the best machine in general.

2 important keys
1 no perfect machine.
2, everyone on here is an expert and knows more than the others.

Last week, I went to a park and dug 31 nickels with my 3030. With the target trace, I can correctly pick a nickel 90% of the time. Partial tabs, bend or folded tabs or the little round piece that the push tab pushes down can be harder to discern but they won't fool me too often. If there is other stuff under your coil, it can move the target trace a little so when pin pointing, I sweep around to see if something else in the ground that might be causing a disturbance.

Nickels shiver when they hear me coming. lol

Best Relic machine-Nautilus DMC IIb
Best coin machine-Fisher CZ-5
Best beep and dig- Tesoro Vaquero and Fisher 1266X tie
Best all around-Minelab Equinox and Fisher F75 with the Equinox getting the nod because of being water-proof and multi-frequency.

These are just MY favorites in MY experience and area.

Back
Top Bottom